Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamie Forecast

FHF, dont some of those go out of state? I thought i heard duck commander bought ducks from SC?

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Wrong.

I know of one guy that raises about 150K by himself. There are 4 to 5 different outfits that are raising ducks for sale, so if they just average 100k (which is low) that is 400k to 500k.

When you do the math it is amazing the numbers that are released and have been though out the years. I am talking about just SC. My guess is average of 500k for the last 10 years or so, at least the last 5.
    Maybe more, but I know it is a lot. The state of Arkansass releases the most. It's funny to hear people say we are going to Arkasass to shoot wild ducks. Maybe and maybe not.

All of yall that think that the mallard that you just shot in SC is wild just because it has it's toes, need to think again.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    FHF, dont some of those go out of state? I thought i heard duck commander bought ducks from SC?
    Some might, but most stay here. Frost waterfowl sells them everywhere. I think they sell the most in Arkansas - that is where they started 20 years ago. That is where SCWA get their ducks or at least they used too.

Most of the people I talked about are local and sell local. I would guess that NC,GA, and other states would also have local people. I do not know for sure.

500,000!? good god. Anybody got a $/bird estimate? With buying, raising, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SCduckman View Post
    500,000!? good god. Anybody got a $/bird estimate? With buying, raising, etc.
    I think If you buy them early in the year they can go for around $4.00 to $6.00 per bird. If you buy them late it is around $12.00 per bird.
    Last edited by santee11; 11-18-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet...
    Sooo then I SHOULD believe everything I read on the internet?

This is confusing.

Some of the ignorant things I read in this thread include...

A half million mallards will be released in SC this year.

Frost started in Arkansas.

Frost started 20 years ago.

Blah, blah, blah...

I was thinking the same thing JAB.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Oops i was wrong about when and where Frost was started. 1949 and in Wisconsin here is your link.
    http://www.frostwaterfowl.com/

Somewhere I have read that Arkansas was the biggest releaser of ducks by Frost. I will try to find a link for you non believers.

Yes, 500K is alot. It is true. I can not find any proof on these numbers, because they obviously are not posted anywhere.

Yes, I know where they were started, and when, and by whom. I also know when they were bought, moved to Georgetown, and by whom. I also told you you were full of shit so I didn't need the link.

As far as them being the largest supplier of ducks to Arkansas, nobody here disputed that nor does anybody care, so you can save yourself the effort.

You are full of shit about 500,000 mallards being released. I don't need the link for that either because I know better. You can't prove it because it just isn't fucking so. In fact it isn't even remotely so...

To my naive internet friend, you have much to learn young grasshopper.

I am not trying to start an arguement, but it is true. It would really surprise many people as to how much and how long folks have been releasing ducks.

Also, I am not supporting the release of ducks, I am just typing what I know about it and that is: There are 3 main growers and 2 minor ones in SC. SCWA is the most expensive, so they sell the least (2010 the number is 55,000). My guess is they all average 100k (again I do know one of the major one does around 150k or more, so that is why I averaged 100K). Then it is simple math 5x100=500.

This is obviously a guess of mine, but I do think the numbers are accurate.
    Last edited by FHF; 11-18-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You are full of shit about 500,000 mallards being released. I don't need the link for that either because I know better. You can't prove it because it just isn't fucking so. In fact it isn't even remotely so...
    Why don't you just tell us how many are released each year?

Quote Originally Posted by GRW View Post
    Why don't you just tell us how many are released each year?
    I can answer that. Nobody knows the exact number, because the people who grow the ducks do not publish that information (other than SCWA). Also, the growers do not want to let each other know what or how many they are selling and to whom. Also, many of the people who are buying want that to be a secret.

This is obviously a guess of mine, but I do think the numbers are accurate.
    Yes. Very obviously, lol.

I'll tell you what is really LOL funny. Is the number of people who privately buy ducks and then publicly talk against it. Or the people who think they are shooting wild birds when they have no idea that they are shooting a release bird. It is very entertaining to hear all the storys.

Yeah, all those pintails, blackducks, widgeon, etc. that your superdupersecret tamie consortium is releasing now, sure do have everyone fooled. We have heard all this before. Oddly enough, always around this time of year. Buyers remorse? Why not try something original or at least in the realm of possibility...

I would think 50,000 may be more on par and even that seems like a lot.

Yes, 500K is alot. It is true. I can not find any proof on these numbers, because they obviously are not posted anywhere.

No wonder wheat prices are so high. Wonderbread must be makin a killin'....
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Look, he can't help it. He buys ducks from a guy that tells him all this is so. But let's look at facts.

Take our own Duck Tape's club on Goat Island. Arguably in the very heart of tamieland. They manage for wild ducks. They kill the shit out of wild ducks.

Now FHF would have us believe that the large majority of them are tamies. Why? because his douchebag tamie supplier told him so. But the evidence is pretty clear. Just look at the number of blackducks and others in their bag. (someone help FHF identify the blacks from the mallard hens)

http://www.loweins.com/LakeVuePhotoGallery.htm

Mallards are, by far, the most populous wild duck on the planet. It is simple math that if you are killing plenty of wild blackducks (one of the least populous), pintails, gadwall, etc. then there are plenty MORE wild mallard on that property as well.

Of course it doesn't behoove the douchebag tamie pimp to tell a buyer that, so he makes up "little stories" about wild duck clubs buying his shit. Of course he can't prove that any more than he can proove the ridiculous claims that he is selling 150k mallards here in SC.

This is nothing new and the tamie pimps have been spewing this type garbage ever since real duck hunters started taking a stand against them.

Again, buyers remorse runs rampant this time of year. Everyone is getting jacked up for duck season and then the tamie shooters realize that they have bought a pig in a poke. Hunters start making fun of them, their ducks won't fly, duck drives ensue, well you get the picture...