Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2005 Chevy transfer case problem

The fluid is designed just for GM cases. It is blue and ONLY available at the dealer. It's thicker than ATF. The name is Auto-Trak II.Anything else and you will burn the pump and gears up. Again make sure you get the hose attachment for the bottles, you can't get to the top fill hole without it.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    all it should take is atf, dextron III, etc, didnt know there was a special fluid only at the dealer?!

Check your owners manual since it is a 1500 but for a 2500 you can use ATF.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I know enough to be dangerous.

Dox, a call to GM and they'll assist you in replacement
    More fuel = more boost!!

Def was pump rub but i would buy a used one and roll with it and it needs to have the kit put in it to where this wont happen to the new one. Look up the fix kit its not hard to find and costs about 180.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

hey krt/chucks whats the deal with the fluid, is there only 1 kind of fluid to use or does atf apply?
    "run and gun guide service"

My 2500 will be using ATF but not sure about your 1500 as to what you should use. I suggest checking the owners manual. But for giggles and grins I dont see why ATF would hurt.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

blue transfer case fluid by GM is the best
    More fuel = more boost!!

I know this is late, but just for information... you can pour the fluid in it by removing the speed sensor and pouring in that hole. Had the pump rub on my 2002 2500 HD. Just like what was said, when you get another t-case, put the pump upgrade in it before installing.
    Ducks Commander