Thread: Headin to Winyah Bay

Default Headin to Winyah Bay

Headin down to georgetown tomorrow to try my luck on some trout and reds. Should be guaranteed to freeze my arse off in these northern temperatures. Just wanted to see if anyone was heading out to brave the cold as well?

Its actually pretty nice here today. Crisp and cool at first light but the sun is out and its starting to warm up a little. Going to be and absolutely beautiful day to be in the woods or on the water. The morning looks promising too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Good deal, I know the weather forecast was calling for some cool temps tonight. I can guarantee you this guy will be layered up tom morning for the boat ride.

we have been killin them in the harbor in chuck....they are biting everything we throw at them....yall should ride this way and i got some spots for you

'ppreciate the offer(not sure if serious), Maybe if we dont have any luck tom we will head farther south for sunday. I got a buddy who lives on James Island, if he's in town we will have a place to stay.

They been thick in all the regular locations. 2 weeks ago we slaughtered them. Reds, trout, and flounder. Try to p/u some finger mullet and / or skrimps. Will definitely help w/ the numbers. Good Luck.

Thanks jay, I have a buddy of mine catching some shrimp off of the dock for me now as we speak.
    I will post up some results when I make it back to town. Good luck to anyone heading out...

A wise man would accept Take'ems offer, if indeed he is being serious.
    I might be allergic, but I'll try it anyway.

So we managed not to freeze our asses off, Unfortunately we were late getting to the dock but we still managed to get on the water at ten or so. We were planning on running to a spot where we had caught them before but ended up having gas line troubles about half way into the ride and decided not to test our luck. Ended up pulling in a small creek where we had caught a few nice fish before and stayed for about two hours (fishing off and on of course). We managed to miss a couple and only ended up bringing it two reds to the boat. both over slot but nothing to write home about. Here's a picture of the nicer fish my buddy caught..

We were gonna stay another day but decided to come back because of frustration with the motor.

Oh yea did manage to spot several big ducks circling around and saw a few teal too.. Sorry never hunted in georgetown so I tend to get excited when I see ducks moving and the mind starts to thinkin'
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 11-06-2010 at 05:52 PM.

congrats on the fish. Yeah, the ducks seem to be around early.