Thread: Car Stereo Installers

Default Car Stereo Installers

I just bought a new to me 2005 Yota Land Cruiser and need to get Sirius installed as well as an Ipod port/jack. Anyone out there know of a good reputable shop to do a clean, factory finish type install. Its got the navigation/stereo head unit with DVD etc. Lowcountry from Chucktown to MB would be best but heading to the upstate around Thanksgiving and Christmas so it could wait if I had to. Please no Best Buy recco's, the ones I have talked to have been morons of the first order.

Yeah, its got all the bells and whistles but this is a pretty bad assed SUV for what I paid for it. Getting the BFGs on it later this week along with some other gadgets.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Never used them, but I've got friends that swear by Norton's. Again, this is 2nd hand info, but I've 3 or 4 friends that keep going back and bragging about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

That was going to be my suggestion but I have never personally used them.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

heard alot of good about Nortons as well. Really the Sirius radio system is not hard at all to put in. I just put one in my truck last week and it took me 20 mins, cant see but 1 in. of all the wires, thats because of where i had to mount it. But if you want it done somewhere i would deff. check out Nortons
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

The problem is not the install itself, though I do admit its a little more involved than the one that I did in my F-350. Its getting the proper equipment and answers to my questions that I really need the most. Since I'm not interested in replacing the head unit and Nav system, I've been getting a run around on equipment with everyone trying to sell me something that I "need" that is non-refundable. I'd rather have a pro-shop that deals in this stuff make it happen and look good with an honest assessment of equipment needed.

Also want to add a port for my Ipod and lose the FM Modulator.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have used Norton's several times with good success. They added an IPOD connection in my Yukon a couple of years ago and it works great.

x4 on Nortons.

Decent folks who care more about return business than upselling.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Used Nortons on my bimmer, spyder, and suburban. As good as it gets anywhere. They're the only guys I know of who have been around since I got here 12 years ago.

known people that used nortons. theyre supposed to be the best around.