Thread: #3

Default #3

My good friend Budro gave me a call yesterday evening to go out for a quick sit in which I was glad to oblige. Get in the woods about 5:15 and had a deer blow early at what I believed to be my truck. The squirrels had me nervous as a queer in a weinee factory. They were barking everywhere. Around 6:20 a small doe slowy feeds her way in followed by another small doe. I had decided on a nice buck or a "damn that's a big doe". Well she was soon to follow behind, what I am assuming to be, her two yearlings. The heart started to pump when I started to draw but she ever stopped in the lane. So I quitely let the bow down then sat and watched the two feed at ten steps while she stayed out at about twenty yards. After about twenty minutes she finally gave me a slight quartering shot at about 20 to 25 yards. Now the two yearlings had not much as looked in my direction the whole time but as I drew they both seemd to be looking that way. They took a couple hops and actually pushed her a bit to open her up a little better for a slight quartering shot. Then I watched as the green Noctornal diappeared behind the shoulder. (first kill with one of those) The deer left with her head and tail down and within seconds heard the her doing the Curly shuffle on the forest floor. She ran a total of about 40 to 50 yards from where the arrow was buried in the dirt with the Nocturnal shining brightly.

We took the deer to the trucks then came back in to make some stand adjstments. About the time we arrived to the base of the tree I look and see eyes staring at us. A coyote was backtrailing the blood trail heading our way. About twenty minutes later a train went by and you could here all the yotes out in the field around the truck howling like my lab at a fire truck. It was a pretty neat experience. Thanks for the putting me on one Budro!! I enclosed a pic of the exit wound. I stayed at the processor to see what it looked like with the hide off and one of the boys skinning thought it was from a rifle. I believe if you have a bow with enough muscle and place the shot right, the Rage broadheads will do just fine. Note:The blood was a bit scarce at first but within 15 yards Ray Charles could have followed it. I believe that was due to the high placement of the entrance wound. Good luck and God Bless!

Last edited by Riggs; 10-18-2010 at 11:20 AM.

That what a deer looks like I think I could go to a high fenced area and not see a deer

Call me a puss, but i cant bring myself to shoot a doe with yearlings.

Nice shot.

Puss. At a boy Bryan.

Curly Shuffle... ehh.. See how you were back in the day!! Just kidding..
    Nice killing buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
    Puss. At a boy Bryan.
    I'm glad I did'nt have to say it. ; )

damn fine wackage
    Bone....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Call me a puss, but i cant bring myself to shoot a doe with yearlings.

Nice shot.
    puss x2... nice killin. it kinda makes me sad when the fawns stay around...

sad because i know i am gonna get shit for busten them too
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

I like the ones whos knees are still shakey. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
    I like the ones whos knees are still shakey. hahaha
    You ain't right!

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    You ain't right!
    X2
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....