Thread: Its finally over

Default Its finally over

Its been fairly annoying looking for a dirn gator that was "big enough"... Anyhow, found a few good ones... Go out Thursday and hook up with a nice one the first 30 minutes we are there.. He fought pretty good for about 40 minutes and we just pulled him right up, stuck him with the arrow and shot him side the head.. He was 11'3" and fairly rank..

Friday night was a totally different story.. We got on the water at about 1:30 or 2 and pulled up on 3 shooters 400 yds from the boat ramp. Of course they sunk and the hunt was on.. We bumped them around for the next 4 hours back and forth.. Slipped down the bank into the cattails and "ninja-ed" cross one... Course he gets hooked and runs the line into a M effin submerged trot line that Bill Dance and the sundance kid set while we were in the middle of stalking.. His last buoy was about 2 ft under the water and we didn't know what was up.. We get 2 more hooks in him and he takes of like a bullet.. Stripped off 100ft of line in about 2 seconds. My rod comes apart in my hands when the line ran out and in to the deep it goes.. My buddy's hook came out for like 2 seconds then took off again.. Seemed odd.. He finally stops and we get another hook in him... Fight him for about 30 minutes and I think he is coming up because of all the line coming back on the rod... Well..... The rod that went into water was still hooked in em and the line that came out had miraculously hooked the eyelit on the tip of the rod.. 1 in a million.. Reel it up and put the handle back in it and tied a buoy to the rod just in case... About 15 minutes after that he took off again and I just threw the rod and buoy in the water and he sunk it for about 10 seconds.. Finally get another hook in him and we are really laying the wood to him now... At the 1 hour 50 minute mark homeboy decides it is time for air for the first time and comes out of the water like a John Brown killer whale.. Blowing air and walking on water.. Get him back down and fighting and pull him up to the boat.. Groomzie sunk the harpoon deep in his guts and that didn't sit well.. Came up on the water at 20 yards swimming away from us and a 357 bullet drills the piss out of the back of his noggin.. Throwing a wake of mud, poot, and blood. Shoot him twice more.. Ok 6 or 7 more times.. Tie him to the boat and finally get him to the hill at 9 that night...

He is the meanest, rankest, sap suckah I have ever seen... But he is dead and 11' 7 .. Fought like something that should be on WIS.. Both are in the cooler and I should have good pics of them tomorrow.. I would really like to thank God for not getting bit or shot or stabbed.. By myself of course.. And I would like to thank the Good Lord for everything coming together at the end..

I'm glad its over
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

i'm really surprised we haven't heard of some crazy accident during a gator hunt yet? It's the 3rd year and nobody has been eaten yet.
    He would have been nice next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I'm glad its over
    Me too.

Seriously.

Did someone say it is deer season?

Good job on keeping on that suckah. I seriously hate rod hooked alligators.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 10-10-2010 at 04:18 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

I seriously hate rod hooked alligators.

No joke.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

great story. thanks and congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

You've got one life. Blaze on!

they might be the smelliest animal i've ever messed with.

Here is a pic for PBIZ.......11ft 3 and 11ft 7.... two great days but man i'm glad its over....til next yr