Thread: *Upstate Muzzle Loaders Check in!*

Default *Upstate Muzzle Loaders Check in!*

How did you do give a report

Didn't get to go this morning and probably want be able to until rifle season but I did go and check some cameras this morning before leaving for the Mts and saw three different pin oaks that were dropping good and deer were under all three.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

BUMP

Crap, just like bow season thus far. One doe around 8 and the only reason I saw her was she was being run by four dogs. Also saw a feral cat this morning. Apparently, I should be hunting something other than deer.
    Carolina Counsel

Dogs in Gvagas?

Notta.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

whole lot of nothing this morning! only heard one shot on wma this morning! heading back this evening if the wind doesnt get up!

2 big does 3 yearlings 1 spike

small 8 point small 7 point and 1 doe

My ML is gonna be hand-delivered by my wifey today by 5:00 for an evenin' sit. Stand by...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Didn't hear a single shot. Lots of trucks in the National Forest this morning.

Tree rats, until the wind started. Woke me up!
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

Yea only heard 1 shot. I saw more people going this a.m. than in a long time. I thought it would sound like a war.

Saw 5, killed one at 8:30. May have heard one other shot. First one ever with my old handmedown smokepole. 385 grains puts a smackdown on 'em.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    Dogs in Gvagas?
    Yep. We've a serious problem with a pack on our property. Two hunters this morning saw a total of six. There are, however, only four remaining. I can't bring myself to do it, but I'm not sorry that some of the guys on my lease will quiet an uncollared deer-chaser.
    Carolina Counsel

Heard maybe a half dozen shots around our area this morning. Neither of us ML hunt so we're still stick flingin'.

Saw 4 doe and a yearling this afternoon. A doe will die in the morning. A lot of people hunting game management this morning and afternoon. Counted 12 trucks on HWY 72 from Whitmire to I26 this morning and 15 this afternoon.
    Last edited by britton40; 10-01-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Nothin yesterday mornin but dang what a pretty mornin. Did get buzzed by a group of woodies and had a dove light up in the tree with me. Got in the stand last night around 5:30 had a doe and yearling come thru and a lil 6 pt around 7. Got made like a ham sammich by one that snuck up behind me. Let the smoke roll on a yote around 7:45! That sumbitch is no longer with us!! I should be in the stand right now but this thing called work got in the way. Headed back this afternoon for some sookie time!!