View Poll Results: Game animal or vermin?

Voters
345. You may not vote on this poll
  • Game Animal

43 12.46%
  • Vermin

302 87.54%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hog?

Default Hog?

Do you view them as a "game animal" deserving any reverence or do you view them as vermin and kill 'em all by any means necessary?

I'll put a response in. If you come and sit in a stand on our land, and you see one and don't shoot. There is a chance you might not come back.

Technically they are not a game animal, that is why there is no season or limit.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Well since they have destroyed about 4,000 dollars worth of canamaize corn i consider them a royal pain in the ass.............

Having a hog problem is like having too much pussy to plug. To those on the outside it seems like something you should exploit rather than complain about.

But I do sympathize with losing $4K worth of corn, bdunc. Not trying to make light of that at all.

Please feel free to invite me to hunt your problem hogs, forum members. I will let your deer walk.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Hate them! Wish them all to be gone!

kill 'em all from 4 lbs to 400lbs

Kill everyone you see twice.

insert hog for gopher...

Bdunc, I have the dogs to catch them with, let me know when.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

that's like asking if feral cats are game animals

Quote Originally Posted by stro View Post
    that's like asking if feral cats are game animals
    Well, not exactly. I don't recommend eating feral cats.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'll put a response in. If you come and sit in a stand on our land, and you see one and don't shoot. There is a chance you might not come back.
    x a bazillion. fuckem all
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

I told the guys that this weekend. Everyone you see kill em. They said we dont have hogs, I reminded them to kill everyone they see no matter what.

4 ended up dying this weekend.

Guess I will be working on killing them during thanksgiving week.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I hunted a place in Bama last year and the first night a saw some hogs and let them go. The land has some great deer and thats why I was there so I wasn't worried about the pigs but when the land owner found out I let some go he told me that was my 1st and 2nd strike and the next one and I was out. Needless to say I shot the next one I saw. LOL
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    Having a hog problem is like having too much pussy to plug. To those on the outside it seems like something you should exploit rather than complain about.

But I do sympathize with losing $4K worth of corn, bdunc. Not trying to make light of that at all.

Please feel free to invite me to hunt your problem hogs, forum members. I will let your deer walk.

X2

There are two kinds of property in SC. Property that has hogs, and property that's gonna have hogs. They can be fun, but they get annoying pretty quick. Kill every damn one you get a chance at, and then some. They really know how to screw up your place.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    There are two kinds of property in SC. Property that has hogs, and property that's gonna have hogs. They can be fun, but they get annoying pretty quick. Kill every damn one you get a chance at, and then some. They really know how to screw up your place.
    X2

We have a ton on the hunt club and its a standing rule that if you see one you shoot it, even if the biggest buck in SC is standing right there (not that they would be but rules is rules). Some of our stands are in the thick pines and you better have something you can get a quick shot off with or you might have a real bad day.

Had a 100 to 150lb'er come up on me Saturday on my right and couldn't get the rifle around on it because of the way I was positioned and the gun being up on the rest. The hog spotted the bucket I had hauled to add to the pile and got nervous. I was easing my pistol out and he must have hear the click of me cocking it and moved off into the swamp out of my comfort range with the iron sights. I had debated humping in the shotgun instead but oh well, shoulda, woulda, coulda its hunting and we ain't talkin' bout pork chops this Monday.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Have gun, will travel. I'd love to kill a hog.

I could light one on fire, then pop with a hammer and smile, that answer your question?
    Last edited by buckpro; 02-03-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

it is sad this is even a question...
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog