Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: who shoots

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    i've come to the conclusion that this forum has become more fucked up than a football bat.
    This past week, the fuckers in the deer forum would poke a pile of dog shit until the stink went away.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    i've come to the conclusion that this forum has become more fucked up than a football bat.
    thats sig worthy there, Thanks Sprig
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by pokin'fun View Post
    I really hope you are kidding or just starting shit. don't assume everyone can't shoot.

If they can't shoot they shouldn't be in the freakin woods period. It is the hunters responsibility to make the ethical shot and make it count. Wether it is thru the ear with the .22mag LOL, or the .454 casull.

I am with T22, I have been hunting with a Rem 742 Woodsmaster .243 for alot of years, I have never lost a deer with it.

The ghetto dude is another big buck slaya.....

Ghetto,

How do you explain from the data you posted that the 25 caliber seems more deadly than any of the bigger calibers listed? Is that difference statistically significant?

I've killed deer with a 6mm out to 300 yards. I've had deer run off after being shot with 8mm from much closer. Every shot is different. A 243 is plenty adequate for deer. A howitzer won't kill them any deader.

you right. football bat. just tell him buy a few boxes of shell tune your rifle and give'er hell. dont tell everyone how you aint gonna get the job done with what you are working with. people need encouragement. i just dont get it.
    I still fly that southern flag.
    Whistling Dixie loud enough to brag.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    This past week, the fuckers in the deer forum would poke a pile of dog shit until the stink went away.
    AMEN..... GOOD LAWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    I am with T22, I have been hunting with a Rem 742 Woodsmaster .243 for alot of years, I have never lost a deer with it.

The ghetto dude is another big buck slaya.....
    Dook, that's exactly what my first one was. It was a flat out deer killing machine. I did however have some firing pin issues which I heard some others did to. I have since bought a Ruger M77 .243 in stainless to shoot to save the Woodsmaster for my son. I do have one of those fancy ass Browning Eclipse .270 thumbhole stock with a Luepold if any body is interested. If I can see it I will have 3 pansy ass women shooting .243.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    AMEN..... GOOD LAWD.
    DDS, on the bright side it is more interesting than mouth herpes and thermacell giveaways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

I never had firing pin issues, but I did let is get filthy one year, and have the clip jamb up on me. totally operator error.

when I was 9, dad got me a 30-30 windchester, I go sit in a stand by myself and whack a doe at 25 yards - my first nanny goat ever, I go to get him out of the stand to help drag her, and he had 3 deer dead in the same road. 2 does that came out early, and an 8 pt that tried to get out of the cutover after I shot the doe.

Nary a one run for more than 20-30 steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Dude.......come on now. I never said a .243 hits harder. First and foremost I said a .243 is @lenty" of bullet to kill a whitetail deer here in SC. If you don't think so that is fine by me. I could give 2 shits. Another thing you are incorrect about is the deer I shoot in the oak grove didn't run 40 yards because he was DRT. All shits and giggles aside I have killed an ass of deer with a .243 and never had a problem. If you read a little further back I said out past 250 yards a bigger caliber may be more adequate.
    I know. I just like telling stories about Big Rodney and Bobby Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    I know. I just like telling stories about Big Rodney and Bobby Jack.
    Bwahahah... and I love hearing 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by ktownduckhunter View Post
    thats sig worthy there, Thanks Sprig
    damn, i shoulda said something earlier, i thought the same thing this am and did it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Shot placement is what matters. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but i have killed over 20 deer with a .223 shots all behind the shoulder on depredation permit trying to keep noise down.
    Last edited by BRR; 09-30-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    DDS, on the bright side it is more interesting than mouth herpes and thermacell giveaways.
    how bout 6 foot tall wheat?

i love my .243

These threads make me want to go shoot a button buck, knowing it was a button buck, in the head with a .243, post pictures, and make up an excuse as to why I did it, just to get y'all worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdeerBASSturkey View Post
    These threads make me want to go shoot a button buck, knowing it was a button buck, in the head with a .243, post pictures, and make up an excuse as to why I did it, just to get y'all worked up.
    I thought you were in to shooting fish and wearing tube socks?

My usual bass shooting gun is a .270, but I do need to put a scope on my .243 and shoot it, too. And wearing tube socks goes without saying, so no point in trying to insult me by saying that

Quote Originally Posted by SCdeerBASSturkey View Post
    My usual bass shooting gun is a .270, but I do need to put a scope on my .243 and shoot it, too. And wearing tube socks goes without saying, so no point in trying to insult me by saying that
    That bass in your avatar would have been a good one given a couple more seasons.