Thread: Gulf Coast native’s perspective on oil spill

Default Gulf Coast native’s perspective on oil spill

It will take more than some heartfelt TV commercial to rectify this!

http://gardenandgun.com/article/losing-it

I hate it for those people, they are pretty resilient, but they keep on getting hit, and eventully that will wear you down. It suck's

I hate it for them, too. But the truth is, La. has been trashing its wetlands for years. Now that there's been a spectacular spill, its all "golly gee, look what they've done to poor little us" Maybe now they will realize what they have, and what they're losing, and start treating the marsh with some respect. But I'm not holding my breath.

No need to worry, BP is a good, upstanding corporate citizen. They could have prevented the whole mess with a $500,000 blowout preventer (something Great Britain requires of them in the North Sea), but no matter they'll make everything right as rain. Forget the fact they wanted to pay out $20 billion or so in dividends, but had to bow to public pressure to set up the compensation fund. Forget the fact they hastily bought up Google search terms to put their own spin on the situation. Forget the fact they have regularly polluted and only taken responsibility when they were forced to. Forget the fact that they seem to regularly have "accidents" that kill their employees 10-15 at a time.

Don't worry...they're just misunderstood...they'll make it all right if given the time...trust them, okay

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    I hate it for them, too. But the truth is, La. has been trashing its wetlands for years. Now that there's been a spectacular spill, its all "golly gee, look what they've done to poor little us" Maybe now they will realize what they have, and what they're losing, and start treating the marsh with some respect. But I'm not holding my breath.
    x2
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Entire incident has been blown out of per-portion.

The media had a field day fucking the gulf coast fishermen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Entire incident has been blown out of per-portion.

The media had a field day fucking the gulf coast fishermen!
    Can you provide your unquestionable reference for this accusation. Would like to review for my own edification.