Thread: Gator head mounts?

Default Gator head mounts?

I'm sure alot of you guy's that have killed gators have expiramented with the heads or have had someone else do them. Lookin at the euro mount and need any help, links or contact info on how to do this. Any info is appreciated!!!!!

taxidermist!!!

Check out Keith Crout in West Columbia. He does a real nice gator head mount, and offers several different options as to how they're finished. He just got a monster 13 fter's head in last week that he showed me when I was dropping off my gator. His website is www.carolinataxidermy.com His prices are listed there. Here's a few pictures of what he offers.

I briefly explained how i did mine in this link:
    http://www.scducks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51519

Those heads look good! Did you take the skin off first or will it come off by soaking? I am weighing this method versus the boiling method. Did you use spray paint or did you brush it on? Thanks for the info by the way. This skull is going to be for my 6 yr old boy and he can't wait to see it on his dresser.
    Going to try and make some necklaces out of the toe nails also. Anyone done this before? Going to do a little intraneting but if anyone has done this tips are appreciated.

Thanks again

Flesh = skin. Guess I shoulda read a little closer to your thread.

I used a rattle cans for both the paint and the clear coats. I am making key chains out of the toe nails for each of the crew members in the boat when we got the 13ft 8in lizard. I just cut off as much meat and soft cartilage that I could and then coated it with some dry tan preservative. I'm just going to drill a hole in each and thread a key ring in that.