Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ain't enough money in this world...

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    That video almost gave me a panic attack, and I've never had a panic attack before.
    I've seen you close to one a few times.

* I just made Mike come back in the office to watch the Frenchies, he left.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-20-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I kept thinking of a weld breaking from weather exposure more than the nuts/bolts themselves. Notice at the 5min mark (and later in the vid too) there's a piece of leather over the flange where the sections are bolted together - just to help them keep from getting stuff hung up on it. That piece of leather is then attached with hose clamps. I could see getting a shirt or pants hung up on one of those things. The list of reasons that would send a man off of one of those things is a hell of a lot longer than the list of satisfactions from making it up and back down in one piece.
    Just remember - all that shit was built by......

The lowest bidder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

couldnt watch it...and it took me 3 times to even type this.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

"now for the tricky part...."

Yeah, that was the ONLY time it got tricky..... I'll have to say, I watched it, and I don't scare over much, but damn it....
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

the first video of the dude climbing the tall tower. All those "steps" were are 3/4" carriage bolts screwed in about 1.5".

The French dude done lost his damn mind.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    DMP, I'd say you have to do it with a helicopter - but who's the first guy up to go tie off the guy wires?
    Well, I would tie them off on the top of the tower before I put the tower up, then just tie the loose ends on the ground.....

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    Well, I would tie them off on the top of the tower before I put the tower up, then just tie the loose ends on the ground.....

That's why they pay you the big bucks or..........find the laziest man on the jobsite he will find the easiest way to get the job done.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Had a friend as a kid we called Spider Man because he'd climb just about anything. One day he slipped and never walked again, we then started calling him Handi Man.

Laziness gets a bad rap. Everyone wants to credit necessity as the mother of invention...HELL NO! laziness is the mother of invention and don't you damn forget it either.

Necessity is the mother of all invention, but Laziness is the father. -Benjamin Franklin

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

That French vid took my stomach. That ain't easy to do. I kept thinking, one more chin-up and you're gonna be too tire to get back on top. Then the fool grabbed the pipe that was almost too big for his hands, and starts swinging like a monkey. I figured he was gonna come off of that one for sure.

It made me so edgy I was wanting him to fall and get it over with so I wouldn't have to wonder if he was gonna fall or not.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-20-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I always knew the French were a bunch of idiots....
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Necessity is the mother of all invention, but Laziness is the father. -Benjamin Franklin
    See.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    I always knew the French were a bunch of idiots....
    They stank like cairn too.

I know for a fact cause I had to work with 2 of them for a solid month. These two were plant managers from France. This was when I worked with Capsugel when it was owned by Warner Lambert (pre-Pfizer). I had to train them in the day-to-day operation of a bank of capsule machines.

I swear they never bathed the whole time I worked with them. Reason I know is one had gotten some black dust on his neck during the first week he was there. At the end of the month it was still on his neck, some had rubbed off but it hadn't been washed cause the stuff would come off easy with water.

They wore blue coveralls and at days end they'd take them off and toss them in a locker, next morning they would don the dirty things again. never laundered them.

I didn't have to see that stuff to know they didn't bathe, I could tell by the smell. Ain't no way they could sneak up on you. The smell would get there an hour before they did. Like the American Indians said about the whitemen, they could smell them from half a days walk away. Europeans weren't big on bathing back then either.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

PURE STUPIDITY!!!!! I bet his wife checks his insurance policy every morning when he leave for work!!

My wifes Grandaddy was a "rigger" back in the days. He worked on the The Sears Tower. Up until the day he passed away he would talk trash to me about being afraid of heights and not climbing. He had some of those old photos from the tops of some of the buildings he worked on. those are some interesting photos!!