Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: renegade hunter act

Your dogs are in your pen and not on someone else's land like dipshit redfox so you wouldn't have to worry about it. I wouldn't shoot someone else's dog, but when you are in the middle of the woods by yourself and one comes from behind your 4 wheeler raisin' hell it does scare the shit out of you.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    If my dogs didn't bite anybody, which I dont have one in the pen that will, my lawyer would be in contact with anybody that thought that shooting my dog was a good idea..
    chances are, you will being paying lawyer fees just to have your ass handed to you in court.
    A man can shoot a "stray" dog on his property.
    The only thing that seperates a stray from someone's dog is a collar.
    The collar is in the stray dog cullers possession.
    I'd bet he won't give it up to be used as evidence against him.
    I'd also bet that he wouldn't give the dog's body up.
    Without evidence........You don't have shit on him.

With that being said, I can't think of anything more trashy than shooting a dog that you know belongs to someone, regardless if you find it on your land or not.
    Its not the dog's fault.

Try taking it to the pound.
    Atleast they will have to pay to get it out.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

River Rat I thought you had a Aint Scared sticker on your ride? You are from Sumter are you not?

This one thread could really make my day go by faster. I mean it has everything in it.

tradorion Coots

Easy fix- show your manners on BOTH sides....

Doggers work hard (not just say you do so) to keep dogs off other people's places.

Land Owners/Lease Holders- allow the local dog club to place a small holding pen at your gate and when you catch a dog put it in that pen for them to pick up...

Should these two efforts at civility fail then Land Owners/Lease Holders should catch said offending animal and take it to the pound for the owner to deal with on his time and dime.

Simple.

The hospital thing solved our dog shooting problem!...just sayin

I think redfox is just misunderstood. He probably(like me) used to dog hunt 15,000-20,000 acres and little by little a floridian or still hunt guy from upstate leased 20 acres here or there right next to the dog club or right in the middle of it. Now those "aliens" are the ones shooting dogs and bitching about doggers. Well fuck you buy land in the MIDDLE of a dog club and you expect us not to run our dogs in a 1000 acre block that you hunt 50 acres in!! Has happened to me and every other dogger! Sure there are some rogue hunters but most are not or were not until these still hunt fuckers started all the controversy years back. Stop bitching,go grab your shotgun and join in the action!

tradorion Coots

BOG- Without evidence........You don't have shit on him.

No- but they got a green jeans to call and then i am gonna have to spend my time trying to figure it out which is not gonna leave me feeling kindly toward any small violation either party has to their credit LOL

Pb i agree that shooting the dogs is not the solution. I dont know what the solution is but we have to figure out a way to curtail the problem. I grew up dog hunting and still go on a few dog hunts but they are on lots of land and WE CUT OFF THE DOGS so they do not get out of the hunt.
    Plant it they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Your dogs are in your pen and not on someone else's land like dipshit redfox so you wouldn't have to worry about it. I wouldn't shoot someone else's dog, but when you are in the middle of the woods by yourself and one comes from behind your 4 wheeler raisin' hell it does scare the shit out of you.
    those are different circumstances. Everyone on here will tell you if that happens and you have your kid with you hunting a dog's life is not worth yours or your kids. that being said, if this does happen 99% of the time it is not a deer dog but some abandoned ill tempered dog scrounging to make it in the woods.

I like to still hunt and take a stand on a dog drive. I don't have dogs but know people who do. You will always find a few bad apples in every bunch whether it be illegal baiting still hunters or dogmen dumping dogs across other peoples property boundaries. There is more people doing it the right way than the wrong way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

tradorion Coots

3cHunter- better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Dude do you really read the stupid shit you write before you hit "Post Reply".

You two idiots were not misunderstood. The law does not give a damn what you or redfox were used to.

If doggers had better manners along and along MANY MANY clubs would still be in existence rather than having had landowners refuse to lease to them any more.

And that guy with that 50acres is well within his rights to not want you or your dogs trspassing on his piece of heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    BOG- Without evidence........You don't have shit on him.

No- but they got a green jeans to call and then i am gonna have to spend my time trying to figure it out which is not gonna leave me feeling kindly toward any small violation either party has to their credit LOL
    oh, no doubt indeed.

But you know as well as I, that my statement that you quoted stands true, regardless of what happens.

If there is no evidence.......there is no case.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

We are getting a little off the subject, but here is my .02. It is my understanding that if I feel my life is in danger I can protect myself from whatever is causing the danger. It does not matter if it is a dog or person (yes, I do have a CWP). First let me say, I do not approve of killing dogs, but if I see a dog and feel i am in danger because of it, it is my right to shoot the dog. I do not think any court will say that I was wrong.

tradorion Coots

BOG If there is no evidence.......there is no case.

TRUE- however there is almost always some sort of evidence and if there is more than one person involved there is no such thing as a secret....

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    Easy fix- show your manners on BOTH sides....

Doggers work hard (not just say you do so) to keep dogs off other people's places.

Land Owners/Lease Holders- allow the local dog club to place a small holding pen at your gate and when you catch a dog put it in that pen for them to pick up...

Should these two efforts at civility fail then Land Owners/Lease Holders should catch said offending animal and take it to the pound for the owner to deal with on his time and dime.

Simple.
    Trad i got a question. If it is my time and dime that i am wasting going to the pound, or getting out of the stand to go catch someone elses dogs on my property what is the right way to handel it ? the idea of a pen is great but someone has to put him in there.
    Plant it they will come.

Granddaddy used a claw hammer to get rid of dogs he caught on his property.

tradorion Coots

BirdFinder- ya gotta pay to play... so sometimes you will lose some of your time in the process of getting to a peaceful resolution with your neighbors... or at least in showing that you made a damned good effort to do so before the last resort of the pound.

Trad..just saw your post. Are you saying that I get my hunt ruined with dogs and then I have to get down and catch the dogs and put them in a pen for the tresspassers dogger to come and pick up. Are you kidding me!! Do you want me to give them food and water too? I think I am a fairly level headed person, but that is stupid.

You got that right.

I just think its funny to see all these tough guy stances on "well if someone shoots my dog", or "If a dog comes on my land......"

Bull-effin-shit.

Bottom line is SSS stands true.
    If I was a still hunter who owned property next to a dog club, and a deer hound mosied past my stand and I happened to shoot him,
    I have all the evidence on the tailgate of my truck to do with as I please.
    I really hate to be graphic but, I could burn the carcus, split it up and disperse it as I pleased. I could cut up the collar and do the same, and there is literally NOTHING that could be done lawfully to prosecute me.
    Even if the carcus was found, folks don't have dental records on their deer hounds.

I hate that this is even an option, but the reality is, its true and happens all the time.
    The sad thing is the dog suffers and common courtesy is thrown out the window.

I am glad that a man has the right to shoot a dog on HIS property.
    But I hate the fact that folks choose to do it.

Trad...about post #36. I have been paying the whole time. My hunts ruined and many friends hunts ruined. When do the doggers pitch in? I have even been threatened by dogger (which will NEVER happen again). I am sick and tired of all of it. This has been going on for 7 years, if the law is not willing to stand up for me then I must do it myself. By the way, I have called GW and police on several occasions. I am done with it.

I want a law that allows the landowner or his agent to catch trespassing dogs, report them to DNR, drop them off at a shelter and the dog owner would be levied a fine of say $100 per dog. Half of the fine would go back to the land owner and half would be split between the shelter and DNR. This would allow a landowner to not give up his time catching dogs on Saturdays and allow him to hire someone to be the dog bounty hunter. Dog drivers who habitually let their dogs get on other properties would have to figure out another way and landowners would probably only bother with it for the habitual offenders.