Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Field Prep ?

Yeah I imagine the dove practicies will hold longer than the dog hunting practices!

Seems like that would fall on the "illegal manipulation" side of things to me...

FYI: Leaving wheat stored in a plastic container in a field through the summer will most definately result in massive sweating inside the plastic drum/bin, etc. and will quickly mold together and rot. Will occur much more quickly depending on moisture content of wheat when poured in plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

If you have a marginal crop, it might not be monetarily feasible to harvest it, therefore you might bush hog it or run it through a silage cutter to get the field ready for the next planting; i.e. normal agricultural practice.

I guess if that is the case one mans marginal could be another mans bumper crop!!

Some of these farmers have awfully high hopes for their corn and flowers when they plant them then!!! LOL

Why not plant the wheat between Oct.-Nov. and then bushhog and burn off the crop litter before your hunt.

Fields can be manipulated this way if they were grown for wildlife management purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    I am sure this a discussion that has gone on before on here but I would be real interested hear the logic behind how running corn through a chopper and spreading it across the field is a normal agr. process. Not that I am complaining because it does make an awesome dove shoot. I just get a laugh everytime I see it!!
    Read the law- Federal title 50. Once the crop is grown normal ag practice is irrelevant for doves.

tradorion Coots

The current level of food that can "legally" be put on the ground is a simply an arbitrary decision by whoever makes the laws... am not a friggin fan of it at all.

Would love to see just actual agricultural harvested shoots rather than the mass dumping of foodstuffs that currently is called "legal".

What a crock of shit-

Yep. We had birds till bout 3-5 days ago. Somebody done something for real, real close. Counted 6 birds this evening. We got millet done right and somebody else got something else. Just sayin.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I know the feeling, wondering if the hurricane came close enough to make em leave

NO!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"