Thread: Good heathen-day fishing

Default Good heathen-day fishing

Took a 2.5hr trip up the road and fished Athens lake with a buddy of mine on Sunday. We caught some BIGGGGG bream-fish(red-ears/coppernose/green-sunfish/etc). My 7'6" TFO professional 3wt is a fanstastic rod. Flat fish OTF are pretty damn fun.

Chased some schooling LMB's for awhile and I hooked up on a 2lbr, and I can honestly say that I've never felt a bass fight like that. I was impressed.

Got to throw a TFO Mini Mag(8-10wt model), and if you have the chance to get one or throw one...DO IT. They cast un-believably nice. I'll try to get some pictures from my buddy to post-up.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 08-30-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

glad to hear the TFO is treating you right. i pulled the trigger on one last week and so far am impressed with the feel of it in my backyard, haha. i am waiting to take a trip to the mountain waters in about a month and then we'll see how it does in the creeks and overhangs.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

which rod did you get?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

i went with the 4wt Finesse, mainly b/c of its shorter length and packability. the rod i'd been using for the past 6 or 7 years and that went out west with me broke the last time fishing, got caught on a branch and just splintered. so, i went with a little shorter rod and so far i'm pretty pleased with it.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.