Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #2

so now you can say that you grunted him in to "sneak in" for a bite on the "corn pile". Sounds like the grunt call did it to me. I hear deer grunt all the time when they are hungry, especially when the smell of corn is in the air. Hell sometimes I even grunt when I smell a perfectly marinated steak.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Nah, that's actually blood. You must not recognize it..
    Weather it's blood or shit whatever it is it matches your eyes
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    Weather it's blood or shit whatever it is it matches your eyes
    Devil eyes...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

tradorion Coots

Redhead- are you stupid or just inexperienced to think that deer don't talk year round?? I almost never use a "buck grunt" but consistently bring deer in with a grunt call (and no corn) from August 15th on. As for "no rut activity"- not sure where you are hunting but i hung a stand yesterday in the midlands with 7 fresh new scrapes in bow range....

I am laughing at those folks talking shit about 2x deer= 180lb 11pt.... I will never grasp why someone wants to bust on what someone else choose to shoot- if i choose to shoot it take your comments of my choices and go screw yourself.

As for the confidence in the broadheads- that they are grouping poorly i can totally understand you not liking- that they are not performing for you does not hold water.... that buck's chest was playing "bucket" holding blood til it filled enough tospill out- as you noted that is shooter error NOT broadhead.

Nice killin- my envy continues.
    Last edited by tradorion; 08-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    I will never grasp why someone wants to bust on what someone else choose to shoot- if i choose to shoot it take your comments of my choices and go screw yourself.
    no shit. It is silly and childish. Once again, i blame the mentality on cable TV, internet and magazines. Same shit that is ruining duck hunting.

A deer is a deer is a deer. I am very picky on what i kill, sometimes its antler size, sometimes weather, sometimes shot selection etc. etc.
    If i choose to tip over a spike, there is a reason..if i choose to pass a decent 4pt, there is a reason.

Y'all are some lucky people, basically able to tip over any deer you see, at any time for 4 months. Try living most your life where you only get 1 buck tag a year, and if your lucky you draw a doe tag, then get 14 days to get it done. Trophy description takes on an entire new meaning. I've passed up over 50 bucks in a 14 day hunt just to end up eating tag soup, i've also shot a little 3pt on the 2nd day of the season...

the day i figure out why i break trigger is the day I think i'll quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Redhead- are you stupid or just inexperienced to think that deer don't talk year round?? I almost never use a "buck grunt" but consistently bring deer in with a grunt call (and no corn) from August 15th on. As for "no rut activity"- not sure where you are hunting but i hung a stand yesterday in the midlands with 7 fresh new scrapes in bow range....

I am laughing at those folks talking shit about 2x deer= 180lb 11pt.... I will never grasp why someone wants to bust on what someone else choose to shoot- if i choose to shoot it take your comments of my choices and go screw yourself.

As for the confidence in the broadheads- that they are grouping poorly i can totally understand you not liking- that they are not performing for you does not hold water.... that buck's chest was playing "bucket" holding blood til it filled enough tospill out- as you noted that is shooter error NOT broadhead.

Nice killin- my envy continues.
    Well said. As a bowhunter, you know that confindence is everything. I just don't have a whole lot of confidence in them anymore, even though the shot was my fault. The slightest amount of torque applied to the bow (at least my bow) will send those heads (griz-tricks) off target. That's more of what I was getting at. And you're right, his chest was a bucket, because the blood poured out where he fell.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no shit. It is silly and childish. Once again, i blame the mentality on cable TV, internet and magazines. Same shit that is ruining duck hunting.

Yessir!!!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Jimmy Bigtime! Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy BIGTIME!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Trad---back up dude..You know exactly where I am hunting.. WE have had this discussion before. And I am yet to see a single buck without velvet yet. And regardless, the buck he killed was still in velvet which tells me that the grunt call was pointless and the deer was coming to eat. If it is one thing I am not, it is inexperienced. You will be hard pressed to find maybe 1 or 2 people on here that puts more time in the woods as I do. There are many on here that can attest to that. AND..I never busted his balls about the deer. I said Congrats on that. A man can shoot what the hell he wants to on his on property. I don't ask for permission to shoot what I want to . I just put my .02 cents in that a velvet young buck that came to a corn pile probably had nothing to do with a grunt call.

so tonight i sat with the bow. after being up and strapped in for 5 mins, i gave a "mouth call" grunt and bleat. a few mins later a fat doe busted out on the scene who was followed by a small cowhorn who was alos looking for the "call"

another big doe and a yearling made their way to me 10 mins later.

i like the "early season" "mouth calls"...no tube needed.

good killin kyle.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    Trad---back up dude..You know exactly where I am hunting.. WE have had this discussion before. And I am yet to see a single buck without velvet yet. And regardless, the buck he killed was still in velvet which tells me that the grunt call was pointless and the deer was coming to eat. If it is one thing I am not, it is inexperienced. You will be hard pressed to find maybe 1 or 2 people on here that puts more time in the woods as I do. There are many on here that can attest to that. AND..I never busted his balls about the deer. I said Congrats on that. A man can shoot what the hell he wants to on his on property. I don't ask for permission to shoot what I want to . I just put my .02 cents in that a velvet young buck that came to a corn pile probably had nothing to do with a grunt call.

Sometimes, it's how you say it, not what you say. If you're tact is lacking, you've got a shit sandwich coming your way on this website. I've had to swallow my fair share. LOL.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

i hung a stand yesterday in the midlands with 7 fresh new scrapes in bow range....
    and you still won't kill a fukkin thing

good killin' scswitchback - i heard a nasty rumor you wanna come hunt down this way, make sure you wear that shirt.....it'll look better when I get done with it

I sat in a bow stand this evening and saw 2 P&Y armadillos, I gotta get me a .22 pistol to screw the can on...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Redhead, I don't know you from adam's house cat and I mean no disrespect, but I do know this. If you don't think deer.....velvet bucks, hard horned bucks, does, yearlings, deer in general will come to a grunt call year round, you need to re-examine what you know about deer. I've heard does several times grunting their heads off in August and I've killed many deer in August/early september that I KNOW came in to a grunt call (as well as a "can" call). Some deer will respond to them year round, and some deer will never pay them any attention, regardless of the time of year. As well, I've seen a good many deer run from them like their tails were on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    and you still won't kill a fukkin thing

good killin' scswitchback - i heard a nasty rumor you wanna come hunt down this way, make sure you wear that shirt.....it'll look better when I get done with it

I sat in a bow stand this evening and saw 2 P&Y armadillos, I gotta get me a .22 pistol to screw the can on...
    It might look better, but the deer population won't.

I've been hunting long enough to know that there are no set rules. Anything can happen....and usually does.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Did they teach you to grunt to attract velvet horned bucks well before rut activity at Clemson too? Anyways, congrats on the kill.
    Killed one that was clean Thursday and found three scrapes and a freash rub line for as far as we could see. Must have been them land beavers teething on the small trees. Ya'll got any of those on your property? In SC they begin the rut as soon as the horns get hard. Always have always will.

Good killing SB!
    Last edited by Riggs; 08-29-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Good killin there Ky-Kyle

tradorion Coots

REDHEAD- the size comments were directed at the general crowd of ballbusters- my apologies for splattering a bit of that shit on you

As for this part- And regardless, the buck he killed was still in velvet which tells me that the grunt call was pointless and the deer was coming to eat What makes a grunt call "pointless" here???? Been bowhunting for years and with or without food in the area have watched many many deer respond positively when they heard easy mid-range "social" type grunting much like i have heard deer make amongst themselves in non-rut situations... i LOVE using a grunt call throughout the season but almost never use it in the "big buck" setting of the sound range.

REBEL YELL- and you still won't kill a fucking thing!! YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT!!

LUCKILY- i hung this stand for someone else- so they probably will score... but yeah my luck is the "anti-matter" in the karma spectrum.... I sat the other evening and did not see squat- next nite 6 came into that same stand with two damned good shooters... my mojo seriously SUCKS...
    Last edited by tradorion; 08-29-2010 at 09:50 PM.