Thread: Public Dove Field

Default Public Dove Field

I scouted the public field I've been hunting this morning and was very disappointed. Looked like all that was planted was some sort of seedy grass. It appears that nothing has been cut. Last year just the opposite they burned and cut . Know place to hide. If it stays like this you'll have a hard time finding a bird if you shot one. Saw a few birds fly over, flushed one bird. If I remember correctly over 180 people used this field opening day last year. I seen as many birds in the vacant lot in my subdivision next to my house. What's up with this. DNR that broke.

tradorion Coots

yup- and that low on personnel too.

next question?

Too bad ! How about bring the tractor to the Inman field and I'll cut some strips.

Red in your area there are no fulltime technicians, two have retired and one is active duty military. There is one part-time helper that is doing his best to cover Laurens, Union, and Spartanburg counties.
    Last edited by SCH2Ofowler; 08-26-2010 at 05:34 PM.

I think they're going to be allot of disappointed people opening day.I would like to know what type of grass they planted. I know it will attract birds.And It probably did better thank anything with the dry weather we had. But it needed to be cut real low in some strips to attract birds in to feed and I need to find another place to hunt.

Democrat.

Theocratic

Default SanteeWMA

Some buddies and I were headed that way Saturday to try and smash a few. What is the "skinny" on that situation. Is it save gas and not go? Or what? I know there are some people in that area that know more than I do.

burn some gas and go scouting.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    burn some gas and go scouting.
    He doesn't know how. Read all of his posts and see if you can find the definition of cyber scouter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    this aint facebook. we do not give a SHIT about your every move. either tell stories about ducks dying or show pics.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Red Huck,

maybe you should go dig up an article from your internet archives on how George W. is to blame for this field not being planted or maintained.

it's "fairly" apparent SCDNR is in a bind, so...either come off some $$ and go join a dove club or plant your own damned field.

...or you can just keep complaining like a typical dipshit democrat about what the government isn't doing for you.
    Last edited by turfgrass; 09-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    James 4:14

or go buy a tractor and help out in this field, then it will be like you want it

How could SC be strapped for money with all the republicans we have here running things, We should be one of the top states in the union with guys like you giving such great advice.