Thread: Lizard scouting

Default Lizard scouting

Just got done spending the evening scouting for lizards. Saw probably 40-50 gator with 3 or 4 that will go over 10 foot. It was interesting to see them not being very spooky with how light it was tonight due to the bright moon.

coordinates?

they aint spooky now, but by the time gator season starts they will be....

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

Yep!
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    they aint spooky now, but by the time gator season starts they will be....
    Aint that the damn truth.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

its crazy how they know, they get educated fast

Reckon it's from all the "scoutin"?

They aren't use to all those boats riding around at night and when they see it they relate that to be harassed and chased. I am sure they remeber from year to year the ones that make it and they will get smarter as time goes on.

I don't know why anybody would try to roll up on 'em at night now anyway - it's not like you can't see those eyes shining from a half mile away. Leave 'em alone for the time being. There's a whole month of harrassment to come.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Simple - spot on!

I like scouting during the day & hunting during the day, lot easier.

Hell, I just hope some of the dino jockeys will get that big SOB I saw lying on the bank in my marsh a month ago.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

co-ords please...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Have tag for Pee Dee region will travel.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Head up the Sampit until you get to the bend in the river before the RR tressle at the headwaters. There's a big cypress stump about 150 yards from the bend and it was right there in a feeder creek. Looked like a big log through the bino's until it moved. I have no idea how to judge those things but my estimation is about 10ft and fat. Take any of them you want on the left side of the river there heading upstream. Just leave my turkeys, deer, hogs and birds alone.

I could care less about those damn things when my kids and dogs are concerned.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have to take 7 people out to kill gators before I leave for ND on the 30th of Sept. 4 of those have to be killed in 4 nights. I was out trying to narrow down the shooters from the 4-8 footers to try and make things more efficient due to time constraints. Most gators were just observed through binos. Approach a few and they were not spooky. Like others have said though that will change as more pressure is applied to them!!

Millero and Big Brother if you need some info pm me and I will be more than happy to help you out. I am pretty much useless unless you have a tag in the middle or southern coastal. I have not hunted much in the other two zones!!!

I'm good. All my tags are in my home stompin grounds...but it never hurts to have a big one on a coord.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton