Thread: gator point question

Default gator point question

I have always had a short stretch of steel attaching my main line to the gator point when using an arrow or harpon. Have never had a line break or a tip pull out this way. Does anyone go straight to the gator point with the line???? Wondering if the steel is necessary????

I went line, steel cable, gator point on mine last year.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I will probably not even use a steel cable this year. Just double loop a length of braid...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

All the ones I have been involved in killing we have had the cable but have been noticing some people don't mess with the cable on the arrow points. Just getting some opinions before this season. I think I have 7 to kill before I leave for ND on 30th

fuck the cable... you dont need it.... i dont even use the 600lb gator cord shit... all its ever done is tangle all to hell for me...

get you some 400lb fast flight and be done with it... tie it straight to the point.... if the ones we killed last year didnt break it, i think its good to go.

http://www.bowfishingextreme.com/Lin...shing_line.htm