Thread: Flyfishing NC?

Default Flyfishing NC?

Has anyone fished in the NC mountains during the last few weeks?

With all the rain, that's what I'm afraid of. I'm taking my dad out flyfishing Thursday. This is his first time going in a couple years. I haven't fished up there since April. I'm just debating where I should take him. With delayed harvest, the people and the heat/rain, this time of year sucks.

Tuck is still high and muddy as of Saturday. Didn't fish but took my 5 year old on a river raft trip. It rained Friday and Saturday while we were there.
    Last edited by SNAP Hunter; 08-16-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Has anyone fished the catch and release section of Carter Creek in Buncombe County?

I was in the Toe River/Cane Creek area in Mitchell Co. over the weekend. The water was high and muddy. Didn't take the rod out. We went over to Boone, Banner Elk, Blowing Rock, etc being tourists Fri and Sat and those rivers were high too. Rained on us several times.

Head to rosman, east fork of the french broad, DH waters, not to crowded specially in the middle of the week. Water is clear, dry early, dull nymphs when the sun comes out.

Gettum!

Dad went up to courthouse creek and did some good on terrestrials. I wish i had been recently, i am stuck in charleston another eight months, i am sick of saltwater