Thread: TFO Finesse rods

Default TFO Finesse rods

what say ye on the finesse? i'm particularly interested in the 4wt 7'9" model. how does it do in the creeks in the backcountry? the rod i had completely shattered in half this past week up in the mountains. someone must have stepped on the rod or slammed it in a door while i wasn't looking b/c a rod shouldn't just splinter for no good reason. i'm intrigued in the temple fork outfitter's series, and looking for another short action rod. thanks people.
    Last edited by ziggy; 08-14-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I'm getting a TFO professional 7'6" 3wt. It's in the mail right now. I don't know anything about the finesse rods other than they have a really light action. I haven't thrown one, just held one in Cabelas. TFO's warranty is un-beatable.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I've got a TFO saltwater rod and it's very well made and has a good action, especially for the price and warranty. I'm thinking about getting another one soon.

The TFO professional(7'6" 3wt) casts like a dream...that is all.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I throw the tiCr

Love it...TFO has been super with their customer service...

IE I broke my rod one day...sent it in, and called em up...mentioned that there were some tailing tides coming up at the end of the week...sent it monday, they had it back at my doorstep friday afternoon when I got off work...

The rod itself is decent quality for the money.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

Ya'll got me started looking at these rods. I've never cast one, but they seem a little heavy for any given line weight when compared to other rods (Orvis, Sage, etc.) Is the extra weight noticeable? I could probably look past the extra ounce or two to save $500 on a rod, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Redleg, go throw a fiberglass rod and then pick one up. It feels like a feather to me. I really think that it's hard to beat TFO for the money, although Cabela's makes a nice rod for the money too. You should REALLLLLY look the the TFO's. The warranty is un-beatable. And like I said, the Cabela's Three Forks is pretty sweet for a $90 combo.

yeah, that warranty that stretch mentioned likes the real deal. you can't beat getting your rod back in the mail in the same business week in time to catch some feesh. i will be getting one within the week to hopefully bust some titty bream with.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.