Thread: gambles dove club???

Default gambles dove club???

Has anyone ever hunted at this place?thinking about joining the club and wanted some imput.it just right outside on kingstree sc...

i think they have some awesome duck hunts there over flooded corn. mostly mallards. best duck hunt ive ever been on!!

"Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

If the dove hunts are anything like the duck hunts, go ahead and write the check. Well worth your money to hunt at a plantation like that!
    Last edited by SCLAND&TIMBER; 08-13-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: x

There are so many birds there, it's almost like they're tame!

Doves too!
    Last edited by WNM; 08-13-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: reread the title

there is a solid chance that at least 2 of those guys are certified perverts.

Haha!I see they shoot tamies over flooded corn to but my grandad joined the dove club and I thought about joining with him because this will be my last year 2 hunt with him proble.his hips and knees are starting to give him trouble and he's 75.

I'll go out on a limb and say the guy on the left ain't too proud of what just went down.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

He is probably the one who raised them since they hatched 6 months before the "hunt"...

Paying to shoot pen raised, hand fed, yearling ducks. Now that takes some wicked talent...

He's mad because his camo jump suit doesn't match. I am from that area, never heard anything about the dove club/shoots. Last time I checked, there was no such thing as tamie doves, so no worries there, plus if you get a chance to hunt a little with your Granddad, I don't see where that is a bad thing.

If I wanted to do it, I wouldn't care what anyone thought of it, Quack. Life's too short, as short and fleeting as the peckers of most of the critics on here.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

I'm joining it tonite!

How much is the memebrship? That would help make the decision.

Why the hell would Gamble's get CRP money? Quail habitat maybe? Just looked them up and saw that. They have taken subsidies and CRP money up til the recent past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I rode around with the guy through all his dove fields. He has them done right. I don't know what else he does with quail, ducks etc, but I'd say if you like dove hunting, he's got it going on. I talked to him for awhile and trust me i hate tamies and what they do as much as any of you, but the guy didn't talk like he was one of the SCWA type. I know alot of the SCWA folks you can't even talk to them, they are mostly pricks that think tamie shooting is a Divine gift. I'm not condoning the duck shooting, but if you look at the question, it was about doves, and his stuff is legit. If i lived a little closer, i'd do it. 500 bucks for the about of fields he has planted and the time involved is worth it. Hopefully my invite on a few of those dove hunts will pan out.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Hopefully my invite on a few of those dove hunts will pan out.

I wouldn't worry too much about that...

Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff