Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAMWORTH?

Default SAMWORTH?

Any birds this year? Have not had time to get over and check the feilds this year!

Prolly not
    Last edited by WetReed; 08-11-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Even though none of the fields were planted this year,there were thousads of birds there this past weekend when I was putting my boat in.I can't remember when I've seen so many.Good luck!

Did I read you correct they did not plant any of the feilds? if I did what the hell are they doing with all our money they aint paying salaries to amount to shit cause they aint nobody got a job to hear them tell it! If they have no money to work the property then why not lease it out and let some one atleast try and make it some thing good! They could use the money to pay for jobs that have been lost! I bet if you look at the records there were very few drops in the # of licenses that were bought over the last ten years I would almost bet it went up, and I know how much we at D.U. have raised to fund these projects not just the ducks so I ask where the hell is the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tradorion Coots

Default hey dingbat-

Falling Feathers.... were you born a dumbass or do you work at it??

I have not looked at the numbers lately but license sales in most states is indeed down- and besides that the amount of revenue raised by license sales is a very small drop in the bucket in real dollars.

As for the number of people- Samworth and Santee Coastal and Delta East/West have alllllll been running on skeleton crews for quite awhile now and having worked there the last 8 or so years I can truly say that never have so few men done so much with so little. Those guys bust ass and sweat blood to produce.

In regards to leasing it- I have no clue but knowing in general how convoluted the state is I would bet money it would be a flaming pain in the ass to lease it out. Do you really think that you could pay even ONE person's salary with the lease fees from that small area of dove fields??

Finally- out of curiosity- just how much money do you think that DUCKS Unlimited budgets for the planting of the public DOVE fields at Samworth??
    Last edited by tradorion; 08-11-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Git him Trad!!!!!!!!!!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Hey Trad, where did Justin go?

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    Falling Feathers.... were you born a dumbass or do you work at it??

I have not looked at the numbers lately but license sales in most states is indeed down- and besides that the amount of revenue raised by license sales is a very small drop in the bucket in real dollars.

As for the number of people- Samworth and Santee Coastal and Delta East/West have alllllll been running on skeleton crews for quite awhile now and having worked there the last 8 or so years I can truly say that never have so few men done so much with so little. Those guys bust ass and sweat blood to produce.

In regards to leasing it- I have no clue but knowing in general how convoluted the state is I would bet money it would be a flaming pain in the ass to lease it out. Do you really think that you could pay even ONE person's salary with the lease fees from that small area of dove fields??

Finally- out of curiosity- just how much money do you think that DUCKS Unlimited budgets for the planting of the public DOVE fields at Samworth??
    Good post, Trad.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Default Samworth

Always been birds, just not everyday. The coast has been hit hard with the DNR cuts as well everywhere else. Most of the land was donated so leasing it would be out.

First of all before you shoot your mouth off you should check some numbers and then speek up because you will find that the money raised through D.U. pays alot more than you think! They raise and fund more for the WTF than the WTF themselves and yes if you have ever hunted on a draw hunt on any state public duck hunts it was built and funded and yes worked by D.U money oh and yes part of D.U. funds go to the agricultural part of the planting of feilds for all migratory birds! To answer your question I know how far in the hole we are with wild life officers and I think I mentioned that in my post and as for the lease part it was thrown out there as a suggestion not as a perfect solution and if you would like I would be happy to get and post no wait a minute I dont want to ruin it for you it looks like you have got the knoledge but if you will go on D.U. .ORG you will see just how much WE D.U. of S.C. does for the Ducks,Doves,Deer,Turkey wait if I am correct it is 158 different species that we fund for thier habitat so go hijack another thread I really dont feel like a good ol internet fight it is stupid!!!!!!!!!

Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

First of all you can't spell worth a shit.

What has WE D.U. of S.C. (don't get me started on that spelling again) done for dove, deer, or turkey hunting?

That was the longest run-on since PI. It's like you really tried on that one, and I'm not going to touch the spelling.

I tell you why the fields may or may not have been planted...because the techs have been busy doing other things like maintaining trunks, working on impoundments, banding ducks(which by the way, this will be a GREAT year to kill a mottled duck for you coastal fellas), etc. I know these things because a very close friend of mine is a tech for the Delta/Samworth/all coastal areas.

PS- Don't bitch because you have public land to hunt(planted or not). You could live in Texas.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I just got a head ache from readin that ... I don't give a damn if your right or wrong, just make it half way comprehendable.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    First of all you can't spell worth a shit.

I was more impressed that there wasn't one period in the whole mess 'cept in D.U. and S.C.

There were a whole bunch of exclamation points, but no "quotation marks".

Not sure what to think...

Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Fallin Feathers, have YOU personally worked at Samworth or any of our other fine WMA's along the coast? Please do yourself a favor and don't take what you read on the internet and signs seriously. I trust what 'Ol Uncle Trad is saying a whole hell of a lot more than what you spout off. He may know a thing or two about what he is saying! And like Trad said, the things those boys do with the money they have is truly amazing. They have my respect for what they do!
    Last edited by ceddy; 08-11-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I was more impressed that there wasn't one period in the whole mess 'cept in D.U. and S.C.

There were a whole bunch of exclamation points, but no "quotation marks".

Not sure what to think...

For some reason I just happened to read "WE D.U. of S.C." and skipped the rest of his post. I tend to overlook the obvious at times but that is one hell of a run-on.

Hey guys it was meant to be that way. I did not hijack this thread and start with the chicken shit name calling! I just wanted some info on dove feilds and where our money is going!

It's I before E in FIELD'S! Does this remind anybody of a year or two back?
    BAAAWWWWWAAAA!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"