Thread: Orvis Fly Rod Guarantee

Default Orvis Fly Rod Guarantee

On Father's day, I managed to slip away from the kids long enough to take the 4 wt. back into the swamp to try to catch a redbreast. Not only did I get skunked, but I snapped the tip of the butt section of my rod. The 2nd section had worked its way loose, and when I attempted to make a long cast, the weight of the line snapped the rod. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed.

Fortunately, when I bought my rod 18 years ago (I was 15 at the time), I decided to spend a little more and buy one of the Orvis rods with the 25 year guarantee. I had the same thing happen a couple years after I bought the rod; it was repaired and returned to me. This time, they sent me a brand new rod. My old rod was an 8 foot, 4 weight 4 piece in the Rocky Mountain series. I think I paid $330 for the complete package.

The new one they sent me is not a current model, but the same 8 foot, 4wt 4 piece from the older Silver Label series. From what I can find, it is the same as the former top of the line Trident series, but with less fancy hardware.

I'm pretty pleased with the new rod, and very pleased with the Orvis Guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Still love my 7'9" Orvis. From Green River, Utah to Green River, NC, I have slayed them with that rod. I now have "nicer" rods but it is still the one I would take if I could only carry one rod for survival...

I snapped the echo saturday, the Rod Gods must hate you and me. But, for shipping, I'll be getting a brand spanking new one next week.
    I might be allergic, but I'll try it anyway.