Thread: 315/70 16?

Default 315/70 16?

I have a 2001 Silverado that I hunt out of and I am currently running 295/70 16's on it with a set of keys and blocks on it. I am thinking about selling my current tires, bfg at's with about 10-15k miles left on them and getting a set of 315's. I know the 315's are about 1.5 inches taller. How much is this going to change my mileage and power?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I have them on my 99 z71 an they do fine. I need to try the key ways. Because I don't have an lift. The gas is the same.but the power slowed down a little on hills. Other than that I like them.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Nobody else has 315's, step up fellow rednecks.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 08-02-2010 at 04:10 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

how much you want for the 295's??

Ive run 315/75r16 Buckshots on my 2000 for a long time. I have keys, but their only tightened about half way. Mine rides great! with a programmer or a few small performance mods you'll barely notice the difference.

i have a set you can have if you come get em. maybe about 4-5 thousand miles left.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Who fucking cares? Fuck.

i use to have them on my truck. 315 BFG A/Ts. Road like a horse and buggy. i moved back down to a 285. I had the 295 on another truck too, I think the 295 will do the job just fine. When you put the 315s on there they can tear up alot of shit. (ALOT) But if you do get 315s get these http://www.gorancho.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

Sweetfisher sent you a pm. I can't make up my mind whether to go with the 315's or another set of 295's. There is only a handful of tires offerred in 295; bfg, nitto, hancook. I drive this truck 3-5 times a week, round trip around 50 miles.

Id prob stick with the 295 BFGs, but thats me.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Personally I'd stick with the 295s. I have a tendency to flex my truck when hunting and what not. When I had my 99 Z71, my 285 flexed every now and then would rub. Heck my 285s on my Duramax have rubbed a few times. I like the look of full wheel wells but I like to have some extra room also.

Bigger tire hurt mileage 90% of the time due to the fact they weigh more. Same goes for power. Yea you can tune it but you will have side effects from doing so. Been there, done that, twice.

A 285/75/16 will most likely give you less power and mpgs than a 255/85/16 because they are about the same height but a 285 is wider. Same goes for MT vs. AT vs. street tread. MT will usually be worse due to resistance on the road than an AT and the same goes for AT vs. street tread.

That being said..........I ride on what gets me where I want to go.

BTW - General Grabber AT2 comes in a 295 also...........great tire, very similiar tread to BFG, wears great (I've got them in a 285/75/16 and a 31x10.5x15) and A LOT cheaper for the about the same results. Again I've had BFGs and Grabber in the same size on the same truck so I can make a decent comparison.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 08-04-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

315 BFG Mud Terrains here. Keys, Skyjacker shocks

Rides like a Cadillac.
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 08-03-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    RIP shooterchris

High Tide 1503 Super-V w/ 60 Merc
    Skeeter SX190 w/ 150 Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Clemsonwoodie View Post
    Bigfoot is not a "true gentleman " he is a "Damn gentleman "
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Mother of God SC is one damn fine ball team.