Thread: # sign

Default # sign

Just heard this and thought it was different.....might be stupid but I thought it was funny

**2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Dumbest song i've ever heard. I heard it a bunch on the radio a few weeks ago, now I havent heard it much, people must be getting smarter, and not requesting it.
    Go Tigers!!!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

In Britian the # is called 'hash' and it isn't used as a number sign. Over there they always just write "No." to signify a number.

It's Unicode code point is U+0023, and its ASCII value is 35 (0x23 in hexadecimal). The html entity is # or #.

The technical name for the number/pound symbol/sign (#) is the octalthorp. But because in the 1960s telephone engineers tried to give it a name and no one can come to an agreement there are a lot of different spellings and pronunciations for that symbol. Yet none or universally accepted. That means you can call it what ya want to call it, and you'll be right everytime.

Some other variations are Octalthorp, Octothorp, Octothorpe, Octathorp and Octatherp.

And that song sux.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I always thought it shoulda been called a nonalthorpe, but I'm also the guy that wants the length of a second shortened so we can do away with leap years.