Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An observation

Default An observation

Rolled up to Hilton Head last night for a prebid today and ended up driving to Charleston to visit another site, and I gotta tell you, I saw more stickered up trucks than I've seen in three years.

Is it a regional thing, or what?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I don't know, but it's the same way at the Outer Banks. Tons of OBX stickers along with others that let you know where the owner's have been. Like anyone shives a git! Not to mention the Browning, name your university, etc etc. Looks trashy if you ask me.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 06-21-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Lots of posers around these days.......

I'm gonna get me one of them yuppie ass stick figures. You know the ones that lets everyone know there's a mom, a dad, some tax write offs and a couple of pets?

But mine will just be me stabbing a soccer ball.

My favorite is the memorials on the backs of windows. Not making fun of them in any way, as death is no joke..... but for the life of me I can't understand the practice. If I had died in a car accident in my teen years I can't see sitting upstairs excited about the fact that people were riding around with my epitaph on their rear window.

Lots of that in FL, at least among the crackers. They'll put a "in memory of" sticker up faster than anyone. But there's virtually no poser trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Rye View Post
    My favorite is the memorials on the backs of windows. Not making fun of them in any way, as death is no joke..... but for the life of me I can't understand the practice. If I had died in a car accident in my teen years I can't see sitting upstairs excited about the fact that people were riding around with my epitaph on their rear window.
    I don't understand that one either. It's like riding around with a tombstone on your window. I hate the stick figures and the OBX ones also.

One thing worse though is the tricked out cars. If the company paid for the car it would be ok but I'm not going to advertise by painting my car in Home Depot or Skittles colors. Saw a Betty Boop painted one the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm gonna get me one of them yuppie ass stick figures. You know the ones that lets everyone know there's a mom, a dad, some tax write offs and a couple of pets?

But mine will just be me stabbing a soccer ball.
    I saw one of these one time, it was twice the size as normal and on the back of a dodge ram. Father, mother, and three kids, complete with GIANT red X through the mom sticker...hilarious.

I saw this one in the Bojangles drive thru in Orangeburg a few months back:

It appears to be a tribute to the grandkids: Zaria, Damarion, Danarius, and Trey. I wonder how Trey got lucky??
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    I don't understand that one either. It's like riding around with a tombstone on your window. I hate the stick figures and the OBX ones also.

One thing worse though is the tricked out cars. If the company paid for the car it would be ok but I'm not going to advertise by painting my car in Home Depot or Skittles colors. Saw a Betty Boop painted one the other day.
    Come to Columbia. Reese's Pieces, M&M's, Butterfinger.......and it looks bad when they are FORD....found on roadside dead....most are old Crown Vics. Those things have more clearance than a jumped up Z-21 or whatever those things are.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

soccer still sucks
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

got an oakley sticker n du.......only ones...gotta show support to du

Quote Originally Posted by LongBluffBoy View Post
    why? because its "cool" ?

and oakley? they paid for the advertising.. or is it "cool"
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

The memorial deal is a growing trend. That Adam Wells one is all over Lower Richland. Trail-n-Tree has one on his truck for his buddy that passed away recently I noticed when he was at the farm the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    Lots of posers around these days.......
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBluffBoy View Post
    Ahem.
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

why not support the flyway foundation instead of du?? bet FF does more to get ducks to sc than du.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Are yall hating on the "Save the Ta-Tas" sticker? I've always liked that one.

Fish, you must not have rode through Horry lately...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

not trying to stir the pot but DU has done a lot for SC. Ever heard of the ACE basin?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    why not support the flyway foundation instead of du?? bet FF does more to get ducks to sc than du.

I always wondered about the "In Memory of" ones. Is the car in memory of the person?, back windshield? sticker? because I thought that something actually had a memorial of some type? Kinda like the Vietnam Memorial is in memory to all fallon soilders from the war or any statue was in memory of that person or thing.
    Last edited by GRN HED KILR; 06-21-2010 at 10:13 PM.