Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yer next Governor

Ahem, and a nod to an old comrade that is sorely missed around here...

Sanford joined forces with 150 self-labeled “Republicans” organized by Evan McMullin, the former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operative who has positioned himself as the leader of the GOP “resistance” to former U.S. president Donald Trump. The group released a document entitled “A Call For American Renewal” in which its members vowed “to either reimagine a party dedicated to our founding ideals or else hasten the creation of such an alternative.”
    https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/05/17/...t-politicians/

Among the other leaders of this group? Miles Taylor – a Deep State operative like McMullin who is best known for penning the anonymous “resistance” op-ed that rocked the Trump administration back in 2018.

“I’m one of those in the group that feels very strongly that if we can’t get the GOP back to a rational party that supports free minds, free markets, and free people, I’m out and a lot of people are coming with me,” Taylor told The New York Times last week.

Wait … “free minds, free markets and free people?”

I hate to point out the obvious here, but … since when did establishment “Republicans” stand for any of those things?

In fact, wasn’t the root populism that fueled Trump’s 2016 rise driven in no small part by the GOP establishment habitually turning its back on “free minds, free markets and free people?”

Seriously … the party of domestic spying, endless war and corporate cronyism is not the party of “free minds, free markets and free people.” Nor, for that matter, is this hoity-toity assemblage of GOP also-rans and Deep State puppeteers seeking to slap a new label and some highfalutin lingo on the same old bullshit that spawned Trump in the first place.

To be clear: I am not defending the former president. He caved over and over again to the fiscal liberals of both parties in Washington, D.C. That is one reason I declined to vote for him (and declined to endorse him) in the last presidential election. But Trump’s failures do not mean “Republicans” should revert to the failed politicians who preceded him.

And they sure as hell shouldn’t revert to the likes of Mark Sanford …

both posts from JAB's article.

Exactly. We haven't elected a Dem Governor in SC since 1999. Now tell me about SCDNR leadership and direction in 2021...

JABIII, did you dig up your own fossil?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

That is an awfully nice way of putting it...