Thread: Strasburg hype

Default Strasburg hype

Rookie Steven Strasburg goes 7 innings with 14 strikeouts and 0 walks. Struck out the last 7 batters he faced. Major league strikeout debut record was 15 by JR Richards. Strasburg evidently pulled on pitch count restriction.

Saw a few highlights and the kid touched 101 a couple of times. He has a very nasty curveball.

Looks like the real deal...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=300608120

If the Harper kid pans out, the Nationals will be rolling indeed.

He actually clocked 101, 103 and 105. Hit 96 on a damn curve ball, that's freakin strong.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

that kid can pitch. the nasty part is that he throws that upper 90s fastball and then his curveball is zipping by in the mid 80s and breaks off the map. scary good, for sure.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The problem is that he seems to have the pitching motion that tends to wear the arm down fast. Those type of pitchers do not always seem to have a long career. But hopefully his arm will hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by 803 View Post
    The problem is that he seems to have the pitching motion that tends to wear the arm down fast. Those type of pitchers do not always seem to have a long career. But hopefully his arm will hold up.
    Yeah, it's too early to tell about longevity but the early forecast (since spring training) is that the hype is deserved. Established big leaguers confirmed it, saying the ball explodes off his hand, etc.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

in the 5th or 6th he let one loose at 103 then followed it up with an 86mph curveball that fell off the table.

My little brother faced him last season in the Arizona Fall League, said "the 3rd strike sounded like it was low and outside" never saw it even leave his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

** note, my little brother did smoke a double off of him 2 innings later
    Last edited by mhogancu; 06-09-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!