Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need a set up

Yall would be surprised..... Ive seen thousands and thousands of gar while bowfishing..... And for the life of me i dont think i can remember one instance where i seen one with a bream or a bass in its mouth...... Now, them bitches will terrorize a school of small shad.... Ive seen them have a school wadded up in a little huddle and there will be 15-20 gar just takin turns....

When im bowfishing, and i see a gar with a fish in his mouth, i try to shoot the fish out of his mouth without hittin the gar, but thats just cuz im a BAMF to the tenth power.
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 06-07-2010 at 11:01 AM.

O YEA, SORRY TO HIJACK......

2TH, ONE OF THOSE HAND WRAP TAPE ON REELS WILL WORK JUST FINE FOR WHAT YOU WANT...

http://www.bowfishingextreme.com/Reels/reels.htm

AND ANY KINDA ARROW YOU WANT TO TRY... I WOULD RECOMMEND A CAJUN PIRANHA TIP, EASY FISH REMOVAL, CHEAP AND BAD ASS FOR GAR.....

http://www.bowfishingextreme.com/Com...leteArrows.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Yall would be surprised..... Ive seen thousands and thousands of gar while bowfishing..... And for the life of me i dont think i can remember one instance where i seen one with a bream or a bass in its mouth.
    They eat em way fast for the human eye to detect.. Santee River is slap full of em.. Saw a school of five eat a half grown doe in 87'..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Haha.... They eat the bream and bass before they get big enough for it to take them more than one bite....

Haha im sure they do eat them tho...
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 06-07-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Toofer, again, I have a fish arrah that came with one of my gator points. You are welcome to it and will cost you exactly one afternoon on the big brimp pond.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

i got the AMS reel. I dont really like it though. it throws my arrow off enough to notice. i sure as heck aint a crack shot with the recurve but i kept missing low and right. i need to work on it a little.

DDS-i will certainly order one of those points. makes more sense than what i have. i wonder if i need one of the "slip on" fletchings for better arrow flight? heck, i dont want this to be all technical. i just want to shoot stuff.

someone google wtf a gar eats. when i see em, they aint exactly chasing bait and minnows swim right by em.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

a big negative on the slip on fletchings IMO

well the damn arrow flies crooked and enters the water at an angle. i miss enough as it is. I just want the dang thing to go where i expect it to go. I think it HAS to have some drag on the arrow with the line. I can understand that pulling the arrow down and to the right slightly (bc reel mounted on rt of bow) but DAYYUM how am I supposed to hit these buggers out at 30 yards?

Fisrt off, there is no need for slip on fletchings in the bowfishing world.....

Second of all, what in the fuck are you thinkin shootin gar at 30 yards?

Got no advice for ya there..... I dont shoot a recurve, but if my arrow isnt shooting bullet holes in the water at 8 or 10 yards, i just adjust my rest and nock point accordingly.

Aren't most of em, under the boat?

Well...I don't feel so bad now. Seems as if Toof has promised an invitation to several of us scduckers to an afternoon of fishing...only to be broken. Wampuskat wouldn't have teased us like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

DDS- i am shooting from a dock. sometimes they are farther away than I want them to be. i dont want to take a boat bc i might spill my beer. trying not to make this any harder than it already is...

dukhntrvagina-your ass was 1 mile from my place and some high-fallutin DU granders BS and you didnt even call. I was probably fishing and looking for a co-captain. my fone aint broke. call it.

shooting gar at 30yds deserves BAMF nomination. However, I will instead call BFS. The only tuning I do for bowfishing is based of the splash the arrow makes. If it splashes then you need to adjust the rest/knock until you have no splash, and only bubbles
    Last edited by Murray; 06-07-2010 at 01:26 PM.

.22?

i just aim high and left and the splash is more from the fish than the arrow

Well i take my earlier advise back then.... You need an ams retriever if you plan to shoot 30 yards... Those drum reels arent good for that kinda distance....

They slow the arrow down too much....

i got the AMS....but it still pulls low and right. aint no biggie with the recurve since i dont know where the hell I am aiming anyway.