Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1995 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4

Default 1995 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4

What are your opinions? Found one for sale by orginal owner....completely stock. Never a mud bike. Plastics are original, no cracks. How many more years can I expect to get out of this atv? asking price is $1600....is that reasonable?

Will be used for general purpose trail riding, hunting, etc.

Thanks

BUY IT!!!! If i could find one in good shape i would buy it. Best fourwheeler ever made. I had a 1989 and nothing wrong with it when i sold it in 2003 they guy i sold it to is still driving it, said all hes had to do to it was put brakes on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

I'd buy it! Just to have another one,the 92 is still going strong.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

It's a honda.........there isnt a atv out there that will last as long or take the beating anyone can give it........nuff said........
    Last edited by ccleroy; 05-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I've got a 91' I purchased about a year ago from the original owner. I replaced the tires, was still on the originals, and it has been a jam up atv. Fires right up, runs like a champ. I'd jump all over it. Paid $1,200 for mine, so depending on condition I'd say the price is pretty reasonable.

BD, here is what you look for in that model. Check the top of the brake fluid reserve located on the right handlebar. The condition of the paint and evidence (or lack thereof) of scrape marks will tell you how many times it has been rolled. Then check the front bumper pipes, especially the 2 vertical lower ones. Their condition will generally tell you how hard it has been ridden by the number of dents, flat spaces, or even welds. If you find one where BOTH the brake thing and bumpers are pristine, buy it. Everyone has rolled their bike or run into the odd tree so don't worry about little scrapes and dents. Usually good plastic is a pretty good indicator of a good bike too.

If the Fourtrax you found is in good condition, you can expect as many years out of it as you decide to take care of it...

I inherited one from my dad, who bought it off of another fella. It has been put through the wringer with zero maintenance and still going strong. It is about 13 years old.

The original owner keeps trying to buy it off of me every time I see him.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

unbelievable good bike....will run in water up to the handle bars

Best fourwheeler ever made.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said

I had one that was a tank. Damn thing would go places it wasnt supposed too. I miss that thing, rolled it twice though. Once when someone used it and burnt the brakes off of it and didnt tell me. The other time was when I was racing a dude and leaned outside instead of into the corner.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Thanks guys. Sounds like this might be a good deal. I have read nothing but good things about the Fourtrax 300. I have only seen pictures (below) and I am going to look/ride Saturday.

JABIII - Will check the brake and pipes. Owner indicated the atv has ox lite steel brush gaurds and heel and foot guards (hopefully not trying to disguise something). Owner also indicated the atv had never been rolled.

Are the gas tanks metal on these bikes? From the picture below there appears to be a litte rust on the side of the tank under the decals....can't really make out what going on there.

Anyway, let me know what you think based on the pictures.

I will give it a good looking over and ride Saturday.

It sure dont look hurt.............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

BS, the thing looks beat all to hell and back. PM the owners info and I'll ride over and give him a little talking to about trying to screw you over...... I mean, what are friends for...right?

The spot you see is probably from where someone added a "stick shifter" - aftermarket part that gives you the ability to change gears with you hand. If you don't buy,, let me know where it is,, I'd be interested.

Last pict, you've got one bent rim.

Front right hand side has hit a tree or something - brush guard is bent. Appears he's hit a few things, enough to push the front rack all the way backwards against the plastic. Evidence of this is also how the rear of the fenders/mudflaps are so far away from the "footpans"; the uneven gap between the front fairing and the gas tank shroud and the gap between the gas tank shroud and the seat. I speak from experience on a '96 honda that has hit numerous trees and had been repaired a few times. Just some things to look at closely.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Thanks for the good eye JP. Sent you a PM.

This will be my first ATV in a while and I don't want to end up with a project bike.

I have got to travel a good ways to take a look and want to make sure it is worth while.

Thanks again for all of your comments.

I have found 2005-2006 Honda Rancher 350's for $1700 and $1800 bones. They are really good fourwheelers. You literally can find one that is 10 years newer than that for a couple hundred dollars more. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    I have found 2005-2006 Honda Rancher 350's for $1700 and $1800 bones. They are really good fourwheelers. You literally can find one that is 10 years newer than that for a couple hundred dollars more. Just sayin.
    They maybe newer but there not half the fourwheeler as the Fourtrax!! Ive had both

Quote Originally Posted by ktownduckhunter View Post
    They maybe newer but there not half the fourwheeler as the Fourtrax!! Ive had both
    2nd that.

If you could have either of the following which would you choose:

1995 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 (pictured above)

or

(New) 2011 Honda Fourtrax Foreman 4x4 TRX500FM

I like the proven realibility and price of the used 300's but don't want to get suckered into a "project."

If I knew I could get 15-20 years out of a new foreman, I would be less hestiant to spend that kind of money for a new one.

if you want 15-20 years out of a new one u better treat it like a baby.
    Id take the Fourtrax to some one get the motor checked out and everything, if nothing is wrong with it, you will be pleased

My Fourtrax was a 1989 like i said it is still ridding today with nothing done to it but brakes
    My Rancher was a 2003 i drove it the same way i did the Fourtrax and it lasted till 2008, had to have a new motor
    Last edited by ktownduckhunter; 05-20-2010 at 03:57 PM.