Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy

Default Where to buy

In the market for a laptop. Just need something to browse the internet and work in Microsoft Office. So where is the best place to get one. Thanks in advance.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

how much do you want to spend?

$400 to $500, just looking for a no frills laptop.

best buy
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    best buy
    best buy is the best place to go if you want to pay more than you should pay.

Wife just got a good deal at Staples. Just shop around, they changes the deals everyday.
    Phillipians 4:13

Contact one of USuC's football players.

Orta be able to get a good deal on a used one from there.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    best buy is the best place to go if you want to pay more than you should pay.
    Where would you recommend? My 4 month old notebook form Toshiba direct crapped out and is back with them for warranty repair. The wife's hand me down gateway is on it's last legs and I'm looking in the same price range.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Internet should have good deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Best deal I found was Best Buy - mine was in that price range at Best Buy, but in the $700 - $800 price range every where else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

yeah just go to best buy... you can get a decent lap top for 400 and it can do all that you need and more.
    My idea of fast food is a mallard - Ted Nugent

hunting and racing are a lot alike. Holding that steering wheel and holding that rifle both mean you better be responsible. - Dale Earnhardt

Staples will meet/beat any competitors prices, (even Sam's). Just take in ad or print out internet ad. I've done it many times, with many different items @ Staples. Trade in your used printer cartridges & get coupons towards purchases on anything, (coupons can be stacked). Sign up for Staples preferred customer card & save more. Sometimes you will have to twist the manager's arm, but they ALWAYS give in to the price match.

Trust me on this...
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

Vikki is the queen of deals.

Period.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
    Staples will meet/beat any competitors prices, (even Sam's). Just take in ad or print out internet ad. I've done it many times, with many different items @ Staples. Trade in your used printer cartridges & get coupons towards purchases on anything, (coupons can be stacked). Sign up for Staples preferred customer card & save more. Sometimes you will have to twist the manager's arm, but they ALWAYS give in to the price match.

Trust me on this...
    Only issues with staples is they don't do rainchecks! So if you see it in an add call them and make sure they have it in stock before driving down to buy!!

Otherwise I have had no issues with them service wise, and they will match prices, as stated.
    Phillipians 4:13

The other issue with the price match is it has to be the exact same model - and many computers are now store specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

thanks lady and gents

I would check out Tigerdirect and Newegg also. I have bought numerous items from both of these sites with no complaints and fast shipments..

Unless you're looking for something brand new, check out govdeals.com. Search within whatever distance you want to drive from your residence, you might find yourself a deal.

With that being said if you are looking for a new machine, try Newegg, or check out slickdeals and watch for any laptops that may be posted up at a deal, I think there have been several in the last few days.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by HT View Post
    I would check out Tigerdirect and Newegg also. I have bought numerous items from both of these sites with no complaints and fast shipments..
    +1 on Newegg.

For just surfing and Office I'd go with a refurb. They usually have a decent warranty and have been totally rebuilt by the factory:

IBM Refurbished Laptops

Also look at the refurbs at Overstock:

Overstock - Refurbished Laptops

I can personally attest to Overstock's service. I ordered a new digital video cam from them a while back. UPS put the package (5" x 10") in front of my closed garage door on the driveway! They could have walked 10 more feet and put it on my open front porch!

I got in my truck, not knowing they had delivered, opened the garage and backed out...ran right over it and crushed it.

UPS wouldn't make it good, matter of fact the guy there was an azzhole about it on the phone.

Little did he know one of my oldest and best friends is in upper level management at UPS corp headqtrs in Atlanta.

Surprise, the local azzhole no longer works for UPS.

But when I called Overstock to order another one they asked why, since I had just gotten one delivered. I told them what happened and they insisted on sending me another brand new one. Didn't even ask for me to return the old one. And they didn't even charge me shipping. That is unheard of service nowadays!!!

Needless to say I order a lot of stuff there. It's the first place I go looking when I need something.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 05-19-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I say buy directly from a manufacturer. anything you get Best Buy/Walmart/etc. is gonna come with 25 shit programs that someone paid to have installed on your new laptop that you'll never use. Directly from the manufacturer it's usually pretty clean.

My HP I bought in summer '07. Never had a problem other than problems caused by Microsoft's shitty operating system. But mine is one that comes with a 3 year warranty on everything. Most come with a 1 year war. If it's built to last it'll have a longer warranty. You'll have to spend more, but if you want a cheap disposable that you'll be replacing next year go to Best Buy.
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-19-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft