Thread: Thank You Thermacell

Don't know how I would have made it hunting the past few weeks without my Thermacell. This is seriously the best thing that ever came along for deer hunters in this warm, wet state. I left mine in the truck on day and could not even breath for the mosquitos. needless to say, i didn't stay long before heading back to my truck to retrieve my faithful partner. Thanks again for making such a wonderful product!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Amen, duckduckdog. I dont know how I ever got by without mine. [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

What's ya'lls opinion. Do you think the smell from the Thermacell has any effect on the deer. Think they can smell it?

Have you ever stood near Nutz? I hardly think any deer would notice the thermacell in that environment. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

If the wind is wrong they will smell it just like they will smell you. That is some nasty shit smoking off that wafer but damn if it isn't worth it's weight in gold. Personally, I won't get in the tree without one.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

The scent off the ThermaCELL, or swatting skeeters and clawing at your hands for hours on end? I'll take the ThermaCELL any day. No trouble with deer being in the 0-15 yard range for me, but as has been pointed out...if the wind is wrong you'll be picked off anyway.

Thanks, Candor. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sunday afternoon I had four deer less than 100yds from the stand for 30 minutes that were cool as cucumbers until they walked down the road and got directly under me. One of em blew once and they all walked back out the way they came, no flags. I dont know if they smelled me or the thermacell(probably me ) Two minutes later six more came out and fed till dark.

According to my observations only 40% of deer can smell it.

I am pro thermacell while deer huntin.

I did not suffer any mosquito bites during that hunt. [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I found a secret place where I can get the white (non -camo) units for $10 and the refills for $3. I bought a couple of refills last week, gonna go back and buy all of them tomorrow!

Btw, that secret place is Bi-Lo.
    Look on their "closeout" rack. They have the prices as $19.99 for the units and $5.99 for the refills. But when we took it to the manager and told him those were not closeout prices he cut the prices back to $10 and $3!!

Y'all do know they have the attractent scent wafers for deer now right? I don't think they have the anti-skeeter stuff in them though.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I have not had any trouble with deer smelling the thermacell. I had 6 does get out of their bed about 20 yards from my stand last weekend after I had been sitting there with my thermacell running for about 30 minutes. They walked righ under the stand and feed about 50 yards away for 40 minutes, never spooked. I think they would smell human before the smell thermacell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.