Thread: nonskid

Default nonskid

I am looking to herculine the inside of my jon boat...is it worth getting someone else to do it or is it easy enough to do yourself??.....if so what brand works the best on aluminum??..

I used the Herculiner kit in my War Eagle over the previous owner installed aluminum flooring. It has decent slip resistance but I would recommend adding some type of large grit on top while it's still tacky. It's stayed down fairly well but if you don't pre-scuff and have the floor perfectly clean its going to peel up.

How big is your boat? I looked at all kinds of non-slip paints and bed liners then determined it would be comparable cost wise to put hydroturf in my boat instead. I went the hydroturf route and have nothing but good things to say about it. My biggest issue with the different bed liners was that they all get fairly slick when wet, which defeats the purpose of putting them in the boat in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    this aint facebook. we do not give a SHIT about your every move. either tell stories about ducks dying or show pics.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson