Thread: youth hunter safety course question

who has been and does it really last ten entire hours?
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

The best way to go is do the home study version. They'll send you a book and you have to do some questions and then go to the DNR office on Assembley and take the test. I know the courses they offer are either 8 or 10 hours, just abunch of lecturing and then take the test at the end of the day.
    Good to talk, see you out there!

the class really isnt that bad. if you know anything about anything when it comes to hunting you can sleep through the whole thing. most of the guys teaching it tell you which ?'s you missed and wont even let you leave until you make 100. it really isnt bad. and like i said, if you have any smarts in the hunting category, you can sleep... the book takes FOREVER
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

When I took it it was like from 8am till 5pm we didnt get started until 9 or so then took a 2 hour lunch break at 12 when we got back he talked for about 30 more minutes and we took the test. test was easy..i was out of there by 3..
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

thanks. didn't know there is a home study course. my 8 year old may like that better. no use in burning an entire saturday.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

I had two boys do the home study course and then took them to the DNR Shooting range in Pickens. They took a test and we were out of there in about 1 hour. The home study course comes on a CD and was really interestng.