Thread: Aight den!

Default Aight den!

FInally going to get back after some trouts and I looked around Greenville and the economy has taken its toll on all the local fly shops that had been here (Foothills, and that Orvis place on Augusta)..It's been awhile since I looked. Anyone know of an upstate fly shop? I am guessing Dick's and Academy might be all that offers any kind of fly tackle. Thanks in advance.

D. Nitz
    At least I'm housebroken.

Default Fly stuff.

Nitz-

Both shops been out of biz for awhile. If you're in G-ville, its about an hour up to Davidson River Outfitters- a cool shop stocked pretty well. Asheville's got Hunter Banks Outfitters- another well stocked fly shop. Dicks and Academy both suck. Better to ride up and hit either of the shops I listed, then fish the Davidson, Mills or Green Rivers on the way back home...

Hey Thanks. Headin to the Greenbriar River in May and trying to get a look at some patterns and other stuff. I would order online from Bean or someone fore I went to DIcks or Academy! lol Thanks for the heads up on the other shops tho..SOmeone with a sound business model needs to open a shop here in ol' Grenvul!

you can also check out headwaters outfitters in rosman, and there is a pretty good shop in saluda

thanks man

I work in the Lodge department at Dicks and we do not have a HUGE selection of fly fishing stuff, but we have the essentials and a few misc items. If you give me a better idea of what you're looking for exactly I can let you know if we've got it or not.

I appreciate that a great deal TX. I am going to head to a fly shop in A'ville or Charlotte though. If I ever get toward Woodruff Rd way I will holla.