Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Son's 2nd bird!

Awesome! Called two to a buddy saturday and he killed one that had a 9 1/2 and 3 in. Congrats to you and your son.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Nice work.

Do us a favor, don't post your pics side by side.

Stack 'em.

Awesome bird is an understatement.

Whoa.

The boy is rernt.

Wow...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Aw man the broke tail feather adds alittle something extra to the bird...But congrats on the fine kill...

I am tickled to death for him Eric, the pics look good... That bird is awesome!!! Shane Candler up here does some real nice work too, if you are interested we will ride out there and you can check out some of his stuff after we hunt one morning.... I could use a good caller one day haha!!!

Anytime Mick u got my number. LOL

Wow what a second bird! Congrats. Most taxidermist do not even use the fan that is on the bird you bring in. They use fans that they have collected over the years that are in perfect condition. Most turkeys that people bring in have not been taken care of as far as a taxidermist is concerned. It kind of ticked me off when I got my bird mounted because he had white mixed in the center three tailfeathers all the way to the tip. I would recommend Freemans Safari Taxidermy. For the money ($595 full body with freeze dried head) I believe he is hard to beat. Not to mention the bird will be back in 6 to 8 weeks. He has a mount called "Gobblin on the Roost" and in my opinion it is his best. I prefer the freezed dried head. This is how I got mine done. My digital camera got stolen but I'm sure Romeo can send you a pick. If interested pm me.
    "For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America... He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a Red Coat on." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nice work.

Do us a favor, don't post your pics side by side.

Stack 'em.

Awesome bird is an understatement.
    Sorry about that wasn't shure how to fix it but I just figured it out. Thanks