Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handheld GPS

The 60c sx is on sale in the Cabela's Bargain Cave for $299.88 seems like a good price. Do any of you that use it know if it will give you distances between points in yards? I would like to have one to check distances between deer stands.

Whatever you do get the one with the biggest screen available as the screens seem to shrink with age.Garmin all the way.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Walmarts website had the best price on the 60csx when i bout mine. About $50 cheaper then anywhere else if I remember correctly.

Rubberhead I think you've about got me sold on the 76 Cx. I've seen the coastal maps on the bigger Garmin models and was amazed by them. I assume they are the same maps, or I hope so at least. The more I think about having something that is touchscreen the less I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by sbt View Post
    Rubberhead I think you've about got me sold on the 76 Cx. I've seen the coastal maps on the bigger Garmin models and was amazed by them. I assume they are the same maps, or I hope so at least. The more I think about having something that is touchscreen the less I want one.
    The coastal maps (Garmin calls them BlueCharts) I have on my 60CS are identical to the coastal maps on the NOAA charts, on my GPSmap 440s and the G2 Vision card I have in my 535s. The Vision card has some photographs but the charts are the same.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by OSHC View Post
    Do any of you that use it know if it will give you distances between points in yards?
    I do believe it will (60CSx).
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by OSHC View Post
    The 60c sx is on sale in the Cabela's Bargain Cave for $299.88 seems like a good price. Do any of you that use it know if it will give you distances between points in yards? I would like to have one to check distances between deer stands.
    I'll have an answer for ya here in a minute...yes.

Garmin etrex vista hcx from amazon. 200.00 you won't be disappointed!!

Garmin 76CSX great unit,easy to use and it floats!

I do believe I read on here somewhere recently where Bass Pro had the 76 Csx on clearance for $219....I would look into it pronto!

I bought my 76CX off ebay for 150.00 and it looked like new. Keep an eye out, do your research, and you can get a great deal on ebay. i dont know much about off shore stuff, but gpsfiledepot has alot of great downloads.

I've been keepin an eye on ebay seen some decent deals but not in a rush to get one so gonna wait and see if I can get it for a really good deal.

Thanks Tater!

I do not mean to hijack this thread,

But where can you get the best deal on the Garmin?

I need one.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve; 03-18-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bri04 View Post
    west marine had the Garmin Oregon 400c on sale for $300 and it comes with the Blue chart but i dont know if its still on sale
    Got the same gps on the same deal for christmas. It is awesome. used gpsfiledepot.com and got street maps and such. Last time I checked, bout two weeks ago, west marine still had this deal. The blue chart is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Garmin all the way. D's Tees, I wanted to thank you for that link to the maps. I loaded them on my Garmin 76CS and it's been dead on.
    Not to highjack...but link please?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/

Pretty sure that is the site D's was talking about.
    Last edited by sbt; 03-18-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Just found the Garmin GPSMap 76CSx for $259.95 here. Best price I have seen so far for a brand new one from any store I have looked at. Didn't see it on sale or for sale at all on Bass Pro. Guess they sold em' all already. Thanks for the info anyways Tater would have loved to caught that deal.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-GP...-GPS-P880.aspx

You HAVE to go to a BPS to find it at that price...it's been or is in the process of being removed from the innerweb as a discontinued item...take a ride up to NMB (phone first)

Thanks for the info hopefully I can make it up that way pretty soon.