Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: cypress gardens gator attack

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wateree, South Carolina
    Posts
    42,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post

    nope, 1 step from a 7'er. that would of probably screwed up his hunt that day.
    His waders for a damned certainty...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    paradise city
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Seriously JABIII, do we have to let everyone onto scducks?

    I take it that your a tree lover and a current member of PETA?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Probation
    Posts
    9,773

    Default

    I believe that was in correlation to the bald eagle comment you made and the everything must die banner you set for yourself--has nothing to do with hugging trees or peta -you can be a hunter and conservationist. Most folks on here aren't renegades.most
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,495

    Default

    If all the animals were dead, what the hell would i do? Take up golf?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Probation
    Posts
    9,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    If all the animals were dead, what the hell would i do? Take up golf?
    then we would end up broke if that was the case-or divorced and loose our sponsors.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    paradise city
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    I believe that was in correlation to the bald eagle comment you made and the everything must die banner you set for yourself--has nothing to do with hugging trees or peta -you can be a hunter and conservationist. Most folks on here aren't renegades.most

    Didn't say "everything must die".........when I said kill'em all, I was referring to the gators mainly and the eagles were included also. What good comes from a damn gator other than killing a few snakes? You see how infested florida is and it could come to that here someday. Really, why the hell would people care if gators would become extinct when nothing but trouble comes from them? BTW. I'm not a renegade either, but I kill what needs to be killed!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    Didn't say "everything must die".........when I said kill'em all, I was referring to the gators mainly and the eagles were included also. What good comes from a damn gator other than killing a few snakes? You see how infested florida is and it could come to that here someday. Really, why the hell would people care if gators would become extinct when nothing but trouble comes from them? BTW. I'm not a renegade either, but I kill what needs to be killed!

    Gators are a keystone species, there are many things that rely on there gator holes for survival. There is an entire ecosystem built around these gator holes, so if we eliminate this non-charismatic species then what else will we lose? Maybe some species we like to fish for, or some we like to hunt.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MP
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    DNR needs to catch all of the gators between three and six feet and have a line-up with the victim.
    lol

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballard's Landing
    Posts
    14,605

    Default

    dear uneducated and ill informed,

    Alligators are predators.
    Predators are play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy ecosystem. I assume you probably think man should be the only predator on earth.
    Alligators prey on a variety of species....snakes are fairly low on that scale.
    They are beautiful and fascinating creatures who have been portrayed as monsters by people who fear them.
    Fear is fairly common in people who have little no experience around alligators in their environment.
    The fact that these animals can kill humans is probably the basis of this fear.
    I encourage you to spend some time around the things you fear.
    Although your intelligence is in question, I am hopeful that you will realize that if you do not directly antagonize these creatures they will simply go about their business, or move away from the area.
    Alligators are in no way in direct competition towards your day to day life, nor are they in competition with you regarding any animals you persue in recreational activities.
    They do not consume so many fish to hurt the population.....people do that.

    In certain instances, like the golfer in beaufort who lost his arm, or this woman who was alledgedly bitten in Moncks Corner, it is the duty of the human to be aware of an alligators presence, or atleast be aware that said person is in alligator territory.
    I realize this post probably won't change your mind.
    I'm sure you are the type of person that believes humans should exterminate sharks from coastal waters so that we may swim in the ocean with no threat to human life.
    There will always be natural things on this planet that pose a threat to human life.

    Bald eagles are predators.
    Bald eagles are important to an eco........hell, forget it.

    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own on the importance of predators to an ecosystem.
    You will find that without them, a healthy ecosystem cannot survive.

    I wish you luck.

    Sincerely,
    Educated and informed with respect for all living things.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballard's Landing
    Posts
    14,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CUwildlife View Post
    Gators are a keystone species, there are many things that rely on there gator holes for survival. There is an entire ecosystem built around these gator holes, so if we eliminate this non-charismatic species then what else will we lose? Maybe some species we like to fish for, or some we like to hunt.

    Well said.
    I had originally mentioned this in my post but figured this concept would be too much, and feared overloading his simple mind too many actual facts would deter him from reading the entire post.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Wateree
    Posts
    38,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    dear uneducated and ill informed,

    Alligators are predators.
    Predators are play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy ecosystem. I assume you probably think man should be the only predator on earth.
    Alligators prey on a variety of species....snakes are fairly low on that scale.
    They are beautiful and fascinating creatures who have been portrayed as monsters by people who fear them.
    Fear is fairly common in people who have little no experience around alligators in their environment.
    The fact that these animals can kill humans is probably the basis of this fear.
    I encourage you to spend some time around the things you fear.
    Although your intelligence is in question, I am hopeful that you will realize that if you do not directly antagonize these creatures they will simply go about their business, or move away from the area.
    Alligators are in no way in direct competition towards your day to day life, nor are they in competition with you regarding any animals you persue in recreational activities.
    They do not consume so many fish to hurt the population.....people do that.

    In certain instances, like the golfer in beaufort who lost his arm, or this woman who was alledgedly bitten in Moncks Corner, it is the duty of the human to be aware of an alligators presence, or atleast be aware that said person is in alligator territory.
    I realize this post probably won't change your mind.
    I'm sure you are the type of person that believes humans should exterminate sharks from coastal waters so that we may swim in the ocean with no threat to human life.
    There will always be natural things on this planet that pose a threat to human life.

    Bald eagles are predators.
    Bald eagles are important to an eco........hell, forget it.

    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own on the importance of predators to an ecosystem.
    You will find that without them, a healthy ecosystem cannot survive.

    I wish you luck.

    Sincerely,
    Educated and informed with respect for all living things.
    Well said BOG and CU, I believe it comes down to they think they fear the animal more than it's feared by them.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    paradise city
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    dear uneducated and ill informed,

    Alligators are predators.
    Predators are play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy ecosystem. I assume you probably think man should be the only predator on earth.
    Alligators prey on a variety of species....snakes are fairly low on that scale.
    They are beautiful and fascinating creatures who have been portrayed as monsters by people who fear them.
    Fear is fairly common in people who have little no experience around alligators in their environment.
    The fact that these animals can kill humans is probably the basis of this fear.
    I encourage you to spend some time around the things you fear.
    Although your intelligence is in question, I am hopeful that you will realize that if you do not directly antagonize these creatures they will simply go about their business, or move away from the area.
    Alligators are in no way in direct competition towards your day to day life, nor are they in competition with you regarding any animals you persue in recreational activities.
    They do not consume so many fish to hurt the population.....people do that.

    In certain instances, like the golfer in beaufort who lost his arm, or this woman who was alledgedly bitten in Moncks Corner, it is the duty of the human to be aware of an alligators presence, or atleast be aware that said person is in alligator territory.
    I realize this post probably won't change your mind.
    I'm sure you are the type of person that believes humans should exterminate sharks from coastal waters so that we may swim in the ocean with no threat to human life.
    There will always be natural things on this planet that pose a threat to human life.

    Bald eagles are predators.
    Bald eagles are important to an eco........hell, forget it.

    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own on the importance of predators to an ecosystem.
    You will find that without them, a healthy ecosystem cannot survive.

    I wish you luck.

    Sincerely,
    Educated and informed with respect for all living things.
    Dear dumbass,
    People just like you are why gators are so abundant in Florida as well as SC. Everyone wants to protect the fuckers until they come up in someone's yard and bite their dog, etc. You should go and be 1 with nature just like the guy did with the grizzly bears, and see how that goes for your educated ass. As far as the eco system goes, killing most of the gators wouldn't affect enough to know it.....at worst it would save a few fish, snakes, etc. and why would that be a bad thing? Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore time on this with a damn know it all fucker like yourself.

    Sincerely, educated and informed with no respect for reptiles or you.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Probation
    Posts
    9,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    Didn't say "everything must die".........when I said kill'em all, I was referring to the gators mainly and the eagles were included also. BTW. I'm not a renegade either, but I kill what needs to be killed!
    why the eagles? For one look at what the bald eagle represents for our country. This should be a no-brainer, anyone with wildlife experience will tell you when you take one animal out it affects all the others. That being said you must not know much about how an ecosystem works. Read what you wrote:when I said kill'em all I was referring to gators mainly and eagles were included also. Maybe you are a renegade b/c last time I checked you can't kill eagles. You are not a great asset to the sport of hunting if you act as you feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Wateree
    Posts
    38,270

    Default

    Fowl Mouth, let us have a reasonable conversation about this. Earlier you talked about killing all of them, and now you just want to kill most of them. 2nd, Tim Teadwell stepped into their enviroment and wanted to be one with them. He in no ways in my mind respected them. 3rd, are you a grown man and still scared of snakes? 4th, you bring up Florida gators again. Do you think maybe man is living where he shouldn't be? To me that's like moving to South Carolina and complaining it's hot.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moncks Corner
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Alligators are in no way in direct competition towards your day to day life, nor are they in competition with you regarding any animals you persue in recreational activities.
    BS, look at this pic taken at pack's....i deer hunt less than a mile from pack's...



    KNO DAT
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

    conservation permit holder
    #567465

    NBK Pro-staff


    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballard's Landing
    Posts
    14,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    Dear dumbass,
    People just like you are why gators are so abundant in Florida as well as SC. Everyone wants to protect the fuckers until they come up in someone's yard and bite their dog, etc. You should go and be 1 with nature just like the guy did with the grizzly bears, and see how that goes for your educated ass. As far as the eco system goes, killing most of the gators wouldn't affect enough to know it.....at worst it would save a few fish, snakes, etc. and why would that be a bad thing?
    Mr. Treadwell sealed his own fate.
    Much like a retired northern couple in Naples seals the fate of their miniature schnauzer by allowing him to play by the pond unattended.
    You follow?

    You say killing most of the gators wouldn't effect the environment. I say you should do research.
    You know not what you speak of.
    I wish you well in your further endeavors and hope you pull your head from your ass.
    Good luck.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballard's Landing
    Posts
    14,605

    Default

    Romeo oh Romeo,

    You are smart enough to know that SC hosts a rather healthy population of white tailed deer.
    An alligator that size may eat once or twice a year...
    Still think he's in competition with you?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moncks Corner
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    i got that same doe on my trail cam pic...mudda fugga got her before i did...

    KILL EM ALL
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

    conservation permit holder
    #567465

    NBK Pro-staff


    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    paradise city
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Fowl Mouth, let us have a reasonable conversation about this. Earlier you talked about killing all of them, and now you just want to kill most of them.
    If I could, yep every single last one.



    [/QUOTE=Highstrung;569119]3rd, are you a grown man and still scared of snakes?

    No, but hate them just the same and the grown men that like to handle them because they love them are the ones that get bit.


    [/QUOTE=Highstrung;569119]4th, you bring up Florida gators again. Do you think maybe man is living where he shouldn't be?


    No I don't, because if we had an open season on them....the problem would be solved. You can't control the weather, but we could control populations. Anything else?
    Last edited by FOWL MOUTH; 03-11-2010 at 09:09 AM.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,495

    Default

    ive always enjoyed seeing alligators while fishing...... to be honest, the opportunity to hunt these beasts have been one of the highlights of my hunting career.....i am absolutely elated that we have a healthy enough population of these animals to be able to hunt them.... hopefully we can maintain it.....

    i have never been one for catch and release, trophy management, conservationism, and all that other bs, if you are not hunting and fishing to kill or catch something, maybe you should find another hobby....but you have to draw a line somewhere... we should only take from the wild what can be sustained by nature.......

    fowl mouth, you sir are trash..... i can find no other way to put it...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •