Thread: How to copy and download Youtube Videos

Default How to copy and download Youtube Videos

Is there anyway to copy and download youtube videos now that there have been some site changes at youtube?

I have Youtube Downloader on my computer and was just copying the link, saving the video as mp4, and watching with a free FLV player.

On the new youtube, I can't even find the link, just the embed code.

Any help is appreciated!

this is what ive used

http://keepvid.com/

you just have to past the link into the site and it will begin the download for you.

Before they changed, if you had real player on your computer you could copy any video and convert to mp3 and a bunch of other formats if you'd like. I got a lot of music that way...not anymore.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Here's one I posted a while back. Not sure if the changed messed it up or not. It worked great for me not long ago.

"This is a real quick and easy one for all our YouTube users out there. Say you really like a video - I mean, like it enough to want to download it. What do you do?

Bookmark it and come back every time you want to see it?

Bor-ring!

How about this:

While on YouTube, navigate to a video you want to download to your computer and up in the address bar of your browser, replace the "Y" in YouTube with a number 3 and hit enter.

You'll be taken to the 3ouTube site where you'll have the choice of downloading in
    MP4 or FLV formats!"

Time to fill up that hard-drive!
    I just tried it, still works great!
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 02-28-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."