Thread: Security Cameras

Default Security Cameras

Im looking for a camera system. I want to be able view from anywhere and be able to record. What do you use?

is money an issue?

Im open to reasonable ideas.

We have a 16 camers server/client system right now. We are in the middle of upgrading to a 32 camera DVR system.

if money is an issue, qsee makes a networkable system thats decent for the price.

What do you consider reasonable? How many cameras are you looking for?
    There are so many options it is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    What do you consider reasonable? How many cameras are you looking for?
    There are so many options it is unreal.
    true. not to mention if you want weather proof, dome cameras, ptz, ir, what resolution, etc...

I realize that there are many options. When I started looking it started to give me a headache. That why I brought the question to yall. I would like to stay under $2000. 8-16 cameras. I want to be able to watch my house and shop, indoors and out.

voyeur?

A good camera with a weatherproof dome will be approximatly a grand a piece. I also reccomend the ptz option. I would go with less cameras and get a better quality system. I think you would be happier in the long run. It would still be very hard to stay in the $2000 dollar range.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    I realize that there are many options. When I started looking it started to give me a headache. That why I brought the question to yall. I would like to stay under $000. 8-16 cameras. I want to be able to watch my house and shop, indoors and out.
    AT THIS PRICE THE CAMERAS ARE NOT GOING TO BE GOOD ENOUGH TO TELL FACES, LICENSE PLATES, OR ANY DETAIL FOR THAT MATTER! BUY A NICE BASIC SETUP AND ADD QUALITY CAMERAS TO IT! PM ME IF YOU WANT SOME REPUTABLE INSTALLERS AND PRODUCTS! 8 - 16 QUALITY CAMERAS WITH DVR, ir illuminators wiring, etc. cost will be over $5,000 at minumum. dont go cheap because the first time you get hit and go to look at the tape you are gonna be pissed that you wasted your money!
    Last edited by raybird; 02-25-2010 at 05:02 PM.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    AT THIS PRICE THE CAMERAS ARE NOT GOING TO BE GOOD ENOUGH TO TELL FACES, LICENSE PLATES, OR ANY DETAIL FOR THAT MATTER! BUY A NICE BASIC SETUP AND ADD QUALITY CAMERAS TO IT! PM ME IF YOU WANT SOME REPUTABLE INSTALLERS AND PRODUCTS! 8 - 16 QUALITY CAMERAS WITH DVR, ir illuminators wiring, etc. cost will be over $5,000 at minumum. dont go cheap because the first time you get hit and go to look at the tape you are gonna be pissed that you wasted your money!

X2 Thats what I was trying to say