Thread: CRAB LEGS

Could someone post up a recipe? Can you boil shrimp and crab legs at one time? No vege needed I am lergic to them. haha
    Bone....

Well, you need to tell us sorta what you are looking for:

Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas, Shrimp and Crab Macaroni Salad, Shrimp and Crab Bisque, Shrimp and Crab Casserole, Crab 'N Shrimp Dip, Neptune's Delight, etc
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

Just crab legs by themself's or with shrimp.spiced with like old bay or something nothing fancy just boil dump out and eat and drink beer.
    Bone....

All you're actually doing as far as the crablegs go is getting them hot as they are cooked before freezing.Once the water begins to boil they are pretty much ready to eat but you can let them boil for a minute or so.Don't over do it or the meat will be rubbery.
    Suppose you could cook shrimp along with them depending on volume and amount of heat you can provide(electric stove vs. propane/gas burner).
    \"BANG BANG...Wish they\'d give me some bullets for this gun!\"....Joey from \"Shane\"

Beer Boiled Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
    Serves 4

4 12 oz bottles of beer
    4 lb raw, deveined shrimp peeled
    Water

Fill large pot 1/2 full with water and beer and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Toss in shrimp, cover and turn off heat. After 4 minutes, drain shrimp and rinse with cold water.

COCKTAIL SAUCE
    6 cup Ketchup
    8 tbl Horseradish drained
    4 tbl Worcestershire sauce
    8 tsp Fresh lemon juice
    4 tsp Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce

In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, (or just go to Food Lion and buy some pre-made).
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

don't have that much beer to use for cooking

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

I have heard to put beer and a cap full of vinegar. Has anyone used vinegar before? I heard it makes the meat pull right out.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Put a couple inches of water in a big ole pot
    Add a splash of white vinegar
    Pour in some old bay
    Put lid on and make boil
    Dump said crab legs in and sprinkle more old bay
    Cover and steam till done

In meantime, put some butter, lemon and little old bay in bowl and nuke in microwave

Grab a cold beer, some nutcrackers, a roll of paper towels, a trash can and have at it!

Really? An almost 6 year old thread? BTW crab and shrimp do not cook at the same rate.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."