Thread: 10 hrs and counting.....

Default 10 hrs and counting.....

.....before we head out for FL. Things aren't looking as promising as we'd hoped, but we're making the haul anyway. Found out today that our bud's airboat is out of service this go round which limits where we can hunt this year. Maybe we'll get lucky. He's scouted some birds and I'm sure we'll have a decent hunt, but the trip's getting cut short 2 days because of something coming up with his job. We thought about pulling the boat down and hunting a couple of spots on the way back home. Wish us luck. I'll post up a report when I get back.

Good luck...heard mixed reports from FL, but thats just reports. Hope you wackem.
    "I am easily satisfied with the very best." -Winston Churchill

Good luck! Hope yall have a good trip.

Good luck!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

good luck, be careful, and shoot em in the lips.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

good luck, and God's speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

good luck. Go grouper fishing if things don't work for the birds. I hear that it's picking up.

Keep ur fingers crossed.

Good luck, it's got to be better than SC.

Where do I start??? This trip was the WORST trip I've ever taken. I'm not talking about just hunting trips. I mean this has been the worst of ANY trip. We did get to hunt 2 STA's, but we ended up in the worst spots to hunt on both of them. We hunted Lake Okeechobee twice, but only a few teal landed in our laps. Our buddy's water pump went out on his outboard, so he called a friend with an airboat and we went hog hunting one afternoon and my partner connected with his bow. That was the highlight of our trip. We went to leave Monday morning to come home and my battery was dead on the truck. I get a jump and off we go. We didn't make it back to I-95 and the transmission went out on my truck. Had it rebuilt just over a year ago. We call our buddy from Pompano and he brings a trailer and hauls us back to his place. Now we're stuck there until the tranny can be rebuilt FOR THE SECOND TIME. He knows the tranny guy and gets me a deal worked out. $1224 and 2 days later we are ready to get the hell out of Dodge. I swing into Wally World for a battery so I can exchange it if need be when I get back home. There's another $85. We leave Boca around 5:30 so it will be late getting home. We cross the Fla/GA line and I get spanked by the man running 88 in a 70. That one's gonna hurt, too. So, to sum it up, we ended up with about 12 teal and a 125# hog for about $2000. That's some expensive meat right there. Gotta love it. I'm done with the ducks this year. I'm going fishing!!!!

That ticket will hurt. On Jan 1 Georgia started the "Super Speeder" law. 15 mph or move over the limit equals a $1,000.00 fine. That is right - $1,000.00 for speeding.

That's a good reason to avoid that armpit of a state.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I feel your pain.........

Went on a trip to MS a few weeks ago and the total tab for a guy that we were following out was about $35,000........wrecked 2008 F250 in the ice towing a new Excel boat just the other side of Atl.

Wasn't even mine and I lost a lot of desire to hunt.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

$1000? I heard it was just an extra $250 added on to the original fine?

I found online where it's an extra $200 tacked on. I hope the regular fine isn't $800. To top everything off I just found out that my wife is gonna lose her job. What a fucked-up week.

Damn Triplebeard, that is a fucked up week, wish it was just a bad dream for you.
    cut\'em

Preesh. Me 2.

Triplebeard you and your family are in our prayers man seems this bad luck has been everywhere lately!!!! I have been hit with it first hand myself still can't see no light in the tunnel!!!!!
    My thoughts exactly JAB. I figure, i'll never retire, always work doing something. Rather have boats, guns now and be able to use em than to save and save and then be too out of health to enjoy it.

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN--thank you-Phoneman

Update: Called about the "super speeder" ticket and someone was looking out for me. Total was $165!!! If I make the drive they said the judge would reduce the points, too. I have a deer mount here that my guy in Florida shot this past season and he has a gwt that he mounted for me down there. Might talk him into meeting me at the GA/FL line to make the swap and swing into traffic court to knock out two birds with one stone. Sounds like a road trip in the near future!

Still don't know about the wife's job status yet. The doc thought she could be having seizures but now thinks it's fainting due to migraines (sigh of relief). That means she doesn't lose her driver's license (which is why she was going to lose her job--she has to drive as part of her position). We should find out tomorrow if they will let her come back. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Things are looking up a little more!

Quote Originally Posted by triplebeard View Post
    Update: Called about the "super speeder" ticket and someone was looking out for me. Total was $165!!! If I make the drive they said the judge would reduce the points, too. I have a deer mount here that my guy in Florida shot this past season and he has a gwt that he mounted for me down there. Might talk him into meeting me at the GA/FL line to make the swap and swing into traffic court to knock out two birds with one stone. Sounds like a road trip in the near future!

Still don't know about the wife's job status yet. The doc thought she could be having seizures but now thinks it's fainting due to migraines (sigh of relief). That means she doesn't lose her driver's license (which is why she was going to lose her job--she has to drive as part of her position). We should find out tomorrow if they will let her come back. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Things are looking up a little more!
    'atta boy...hang tight
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.