Thread: "Makin Calls"?

Default "Makin Calls"?

Anyone ever heard of, or blown, a "Makin" Call? I was droppin a buddy off at his truck after hunting yesterday and he had a guy come up and start talking to him after I drove off. He had noticed the boat on the back of my truck and started talkin to my friend about duck hunting. His name was Keith McMakin out of Inman and he makes acrylic duck calls and turkey calls. He gave my buddy a card to give to me and gave him a call earlier today and I'm goin to check em out and blow a few of the calls later on in the afternoon. I would have thought I would have heard of someone making duck calls that close to where I live but have never heard anything about em ... Anyone here know anything?

did you get a chance to check out his calls?
    Ducks, Doves, Deer and Toms..."got hunting on the brain"

Yea I stopped by his house a blew a few ... He wanted $150 or $125, I can't remember exactly, for his calls. I blew several of them and I couldn't get the sound I was lookin for to justify buyin one then. What was good about it though is that he said if I ever decided to buy one that I could come by his house and stay till we got a call sounding exactly like I wanted it too. He's a good guy and I'll probably end up buyin one eventually even if it's not my everyday call on my lanyard. He makes everything himself in the call including the reeds. He did have a good sounding woodie call but I don't use one too much and always end up usin one of the 7 in 1 whistles. If anyone needs his information PM me. I don't know if there is any site rules stopping me from posting up his info because it could be considered advertising.

shoot me his info if you don't mind. i'd love to ride over and see what he's got going on.
    Ducks, Doves, Deer and Toms..."got hunting on the brain"