Thread: Eggsperimenting with a ham

Default Eggsperimenting with a ham

My mother is bringing an uncooked ham on Christmas eve, and asked if my oven can cook one. I replied my Grill can. (I have a green egg for those who missed the title). I am looking for a good recipe, tips, etc. on how to cook a ham. I know I will need some more charcoal but other than that, have never used it for smoking. I would try to watch the video, but my 2.5 year old son has taken control of the tv and if Dora or Spongebob isn't doing the video instruction, then I probably wont have a chance to watch it.

You still have time to ask this question over at the Big Green Egg Forums!They'll wanna know how big etc. Looks like 160 degrees internal is what to shoot for.Me,I'd plan on a long day,initially smoke with apple,indirect, and run my temp about to 250.Don't much matter though,hard to screw up anything on a egg,unless you go nuclear.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Sounds good- send a slice via courier up here to Irmo if you don't mind.
    In loving memory- KVP 1961-2009
    "Sooner or later the man who wins is the Man who thinks he Can!!!!!" Thanks Nor!!!

Status report: went simple, just tin foiled, placed on baking pan and stuck it in. It has now been on for 4 hours and so far so good.