Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiller Not Invited to New York

Default Spiller Not Invited to New York

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...n_to_five.html

I thought he deserved an invite, not the trophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Spiller got screwed plain and simple. I'm a Carolina fan and while I don't think he deserved to win it I do think he should have at least been invited to the party.

He should have taken Tebow's place in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    He should have taken Tebow's place in New York.
    He would have, but he got caught looking ahead, but not to the ACC Championship.... To the 3rd round of the NFL draft.. Just sayin
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

How I say anything and not come acrossed as totally biased is tough, but if the award is for the best player, then wins/losses shouldn't matter. But they do. Had the Tigers had, say, 10 wins, the perception of the people who create that list of invitees would have been different. It's just how it is.

I still say he's one of the best 5 individual players in the country - which is what the Heisman is, or used to be.

A lot of people seem to want to only recognize him as a running back. Although he's an above average running back, if he was to go to NY, it'd be for his all-purpose contributions, which is where he's most dangerous. How in the hell the powers that be don't factor in all-purpose stats in this blows my mind.

Regardless of all that, I'm damn sure glad he wore the uniform of my alma mater. He's a hell of an asset all the way around.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

he definitely deserved to get an invite. so far he seems to be a tremendous roll model kinda athlete.

i agree with you, catdaddy

You know it's a joke when the best player in college football, One Mr. Ricky Dobbs, is not going to be there...

I think he deserved an invite. Spiller is one hell of a play maker.

Duck Tape, no offense, but only quoting the 18yds and not recognizing the return for TD is EXACTLY what I was talking about.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

IMO, the Heisman lost its flare when Charles Woodson won it instead of Peyton Manning.
    Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    kyle parker does suck. does it bother anyone else when they show him on the sidelines and all he is doing is sitting by himself running his fingers through that nappy ass hair of his?

The heisman has turned into a joke the last 5 years or so.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Simple is dead-nutz on. He might have only had 18yards rushing, but totaled about 130-ish. He also set a NCAA all-time record, one of 5 players to gain 7000 all-purpose yards, scored 5 different ways in ONE game, had a touchdown in every game this year, and set an ACC record. I don't know, that sounds like it deserves a plane ticket to me.

Ricky Dobbs = Good
    Josh Nesbit = A little better than good
    Josh Nesbit > Ricky Dobbs
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Damn impressive kid.

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports...er_c.j.02.html
    (needs to be updated)
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    That 18 yards against Carolina hurt along with Clemson not in the top 20.

Great player. Clemson should be proud.

Yeah and that same week Ingram was held to only 32 rushing yards. He is also a great player and will probably win the award, but I am just saying...

The Heisman is an individual award where the individuals are judged by their team's performance, which is BS. The INDIVIDUAL stats should be reviewed and weighted more than the team's season record.

Over 7000 collegiate career yards, Spiller is an outstanding athlete and it has been extremely fun watching him play ball.

Quote Originally Posted by mohill View Post
    The Heisman is an individual award where the individuals are judged by their team's performance, which is BS. The INDIVIDUAL stats should be reviewed and weighted more than the team's season record.
    EXACTLY

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    scored 5 different ways in ONE game
    Pretty sure that never happened. I know he scored 3 different ways in one.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    Pretty sure that never happened. I know he scored 3 different ways in one.
    Correct FG. He scored 3 different ways in one game alone and over the season scored in 5 different ways.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

You have to do enough to draw national attention. There's probably several lower divisions schools with running backs who equaled or beat Spiller's season this year, but they, like he, didn't draw any or enough attention. That's the job of the head Coach, AD, alumni and local sports writers. It's like winning a political campaign, you're campaign workers have to get your name out there, a lot.

When George Rodgers won in 1980 Carolina had an 8-3 season. But the people pulling for Rodgers pushed his name and stats hard. They got him noticed nationally.

Rogers rushed for 1,006 yards (playing in only eight games) during his sophomore year, but it was it was Rogers' junior campaign that launched him into the national spotlight, as he was one of the best rushers in the country with 1,681 yards.

After that season, Rogers was given Second Team All-America Honors by the Associated Press, National Editorial Alliance, United Press International, American Football Coaches, and Football News.

In 1980, the stage was set, Rodgers'1,781 yards was the best in the nation and earned him a spot as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.

The Downtown Athletic Club in New York City named Rogers as the winner of the 1980 Heisman Trophy. Rogers beat out an impressive group of players, including Georgia running back Herschel Walker. Rogers also earned spots on eight All-America teams, all First Team honors.
    Btw, George Says Spiller Is Worthy of The Trophy
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

My bad...you guys are right.

I think that career wise, he is in the same league as Colt and Tebow. Those two are both outstanding QB's. Colt will be a great NFL QB. Tebow COULD be with his work ethic, but I just don't see it happening.

All 3 have had some amazing careers.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 12-08-2009 at 01:04 AM.