Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two-fer

gohead toof, doublins fun until it's cleaning time!

Good job Killer!

I shot what I thought was the first doe I'd seen all year and it turned out to be a button too. It was still full of meat though.

double muzzy field test -- PASS

first one was steep and got caught in the opposite leg. saw the fletchings sticking out as she ran off. when i went to find her, fletching in was still sticking out but broadhead (which we initially thought would still be in deer) was gone. when i had the deer come back, i grabbed my quiver and pulled out an arrow that was covered in mud. oops. put it back and grabbed one of my old arrows with the 3" vanes instead of the blazers. wasnt gonna change at this point. it was a complete pass through. i dont think the arrow/broadhead/vane combo made the difference but she (he) got double lunged and didnt go out of sight at all....

someone said it earlier about bow hunting...but i'll be damned if it aint fun. when i first saw the deer and they were coming my way, i couldnt stop shaking. its not like i was nervous...its kinda odd, really...but my body was thinking differently than my mind. by the time they got into my little oak flat, the shakes were gone and it was game on.

had i had the rifle with me, it would've been anti-climactic.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.