The Ol' Ball Coach had grown very frustrated with the Clemson Tiger's domination over them for the last, oh I dunno, let's say 100 years or so, and decided to go check out a Clemson practice in person. He put on a clever disguise and proceeded up I-26 to Tiger Town to catch the last spring, early morning practice before the Spring Game. He easily found the practice field and got out of his car and proceeded to inconspicuously roam the sidelines as he tried to observe every little detail.

Finally, he couldn't take it any longer. It was killing him. He removed his disguise and approached Coach Swinney and said, "Dang it, Dabo, how do ya'll do it?"
Shocked, but not totally surprised, Coach Swinney replied, "Do what, Steve?"
"How do ya'll keep beating us year after year after year? I gotta know!"

"Alright then," replied Swinney, "I'll tell you. It's called... intelligence." "Whaddaya mean, intelligence?" the curious 'Ol Ball Coach queried.

The coach grabbed the whistle from his neck and blew two times. Practice came to a halt and QB Willy Korn hustled over to Coach Swinney who asked, "Willy, who is your father's brother's nephew?"
"Why, that would be me, coach." replied Korn.
Coach Swinney looked at Spurrier and the 'Ol Ball Coach, with a gleam in his eye replied, "Thanks, Dabo. Gotta get back to Cola for the afternoon practice. But, thanks! Thanks alot!"

As soon as Steve got back to the Gamecocks afternoon session, he grabbed his whistle and blew it two times, but of course, nothing happened. So he grabbed Stephen Garcia by the facemask, pulled him over to the sideline and said, "Garcia, who is you father's brother's nephew?" " I dunno coach, but if you'll give me just a minute, I'll find out!" exhorted the young QB. Garcia runs back to the field and has the entire team huddle up. After about thirty minutes, a gleaming Garcia hustles back to the "Ol Ball Coach and confidently declares, "Well, that would have to be ME, coach!"

Spurrier's face turns as red as a beet. He clutches his visor, hurls it to the ground and grabs his young QB by the face mask and yells, " No you gol blame idiot! It's Willy Korn!!!"