Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas in 7 days

Default Arkansas in 7 days

Will be leaving in seven days to Arkansas. Anybody else going to hunt the first split? Weather looks like its going to be warm. Duck report is so-so. Who cares!! Water is everywere and I can't wait to get in that flooded timber.

Ill be leaving next Friday, cant wait. Started packing last night. Still pretty warm up north and water in the fields with crops. No reason for them to fly south yet. Beats sitting around here though.

Leavin Thursday At Midnight Can't Wait Stuffs By The Door And There Are More Birds There Now Than There Will Be Here All Year.lets Ride!!!!
    Last edited by bigmoneygrip; 11-11-2009 at 08:23 PM.
    My thoughts exactly JAB. I figure, i'll never retire, always work doing something. Rather have boats, guns now and be able to use em than to save and save and then be too out of health to enjoy it.

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN--thank you-Phoneman

Going ot spend my time wisely and wait on it to get right. Bags are packed so when the call comes in I'm out of here.
    80-20 Genaration

my family farm in missouri has a good bit of birds but supposed to be leaving next friday to hunt florida
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

looks like its supposed to get cold up north around the 22nd. if that plays out, the last few days of the first split may get good. im headin' out on the 24th.

I was thinking about a first split trip out there, but in the back of my mind I knew better. It's easy to rush into something this time of year.

I called a good friend out there last night just to make sure that "The back of my mind was right"

DM#1 has the same approach as me, keep the bags packed and keep the wife happy till the call comes that things are right.

I think I'll just wait for the snow to start falling and head North again.
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

Headed out the day I graduate 12/14.

We're leaving late Thurs./very early Fri., stoked out of my mind, hope we get weather right!

I'm waiting on Dec/Jan time frame. The last week of the season has always been pretty good to me.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

will be there or mississippi for december and january, until I run out of money.

I'll be there!!! Probly help a little around the farm the first few days but may slip in the timber. End of the week looks like we may get a few birds but we will see. I'm just ready to get out there. there is no place better to me!!!!

Spoke with my buddy this morning. A good many ducks are down but with all the water they are scatered. I don't expect to limit every morning but what the heck. Can't wait got to go!! I'm going to carry my equipment and leave it for the second split.

Quote Originally Posted by 2reed View Post
    Spoke with my buddy this morning. A good many ducks are down but with all the water they are scatered. I don't expect to limit every morning but what the heck. Can't wait got to go!! I'm going to carry my equipment and leave it for the second split.
    Once you get everything out there in place, the birds located and the refrigerator stocked with food................then maybe Robert and I will go back with ya'.

Wally (Cobb)
    ELLIOTT'S AMAZING GRACE of DIAMOND E MH,CGC
    HRCH ELLIOTT'S ROCKIN' ROXY MH, CGC
    HR ELLIOTT'S CAROLINA THORNE MH, CGC*
    ELLIOTT'S DIXIE LOU MH*
    ELLIOTT'S CAROLINA DUCHESS MH, CGC*
    BOONE'S SIR BIG MAN HOSS JH
    * = Littermates
    www.ElliottLabradors.com

"first season"

there's only one split in our duck season.

carry on.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Actually BOG, Arkansas has "two" splits, the season there closes Dec 24-25.

carry on....
    Last edited by DeltaDucks; 11-12-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

Will be there for a quick trip...hunting Saturday and Sunday, have to be back at work on Monday...it sucks
    "I am easily satisfied with the very best." -Winston Churchill

Default No Mallets yet!!

In the local terms but there are lots and lots and lots of greys, hollywoods, baldpates, but not the numbers of teal that there should be and not many mallards yet who cares it's better than here and I ain't sleeping on lake or shootin' mallards missing toes!!! Oh yeah and they got plenty of SPRIGS!!!!!!!!! I will be on the road in 7 days can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
    My thoughts exactly JAB. I figure, i'll never retire, always work doing something. Rather have boats, guns now and be able to use em than to save and save and then be too out of health to enjoy it.

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN--thank you-Phoneman

going dec 12 thru 21. cant wait. good luck
    "Rule number 76: No excuses, play like champion!"

just got back from so dak pheasant hunting,85% beans and corn underwater mallards greys, teal gw,bw sprigs widgion shovlers all cont. to feed there until all the water is frozen.they have more water and more ducks than they have ever had.aberdeen weather was warmer than sc nov 5-9