Thread: Got another doe

Default Got another doe

Decided to go to a little tract of land that I haven't hunted much since earlier this year. At 7:50AM I seen a small doe appear through the thick brush about 50yds from me. Then appeared the doe train. Three adult does and one fawn from this year all in a line nose to tail. I thought it was odd that the largest doe was out front. Usually they are the last ones to come out of the thick cover. She got to where I had put out some doe in heat and she spooked. She jumped back and got antsy. I figued that she was going to bolt, but she calmed back down and the rest of the does followed.

Well, as I posted in another thread a few days ago, I am tired of watching all of these deer and not shooting any. I know the rut is in full swing, but after watching them feed for about ten to minutes making sure a buck wasn't following I decided to take the largest one. Hunting is supposed to be fun and Tribby wanted to play. Taking pictures of them just isn't the same as releasing that arrow and hearing the thawp!

Shot was about 15yds broad side. It was actually a bad shot. I have NO clue why. I was calm, settled the pin on her right behind her shoulder, but it hit high and about mid ways of her body. The only thing I can think of is that she reacted that fast or either something moved on my bow (about to go outside and shoot about 20 times to check everything). She took off running, but fell over within sight at around 50yds. That's one more in the freezer. Man I love bow hunting!

That makes me 5 for 5 with the Rage 2blades. The arrow busted a rib on the way in and on the way out. Perfect pass through with arrow sticking into the ground.

Congrats. Thin em out, and that's fewer does for the bucks to choose from.

Good Job my friend!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Nice Nanny.

Congrats Jason

congrats man!!!!

Dat's wat I'm talking bout.

Congrats.